After a tease over the weekend, it was revealed earlier this week that the characters of the Marvel Universe would be appearing in season 4 of Epic Games’s massively-successful Fortnite. In addition to a comic crossover written by Thor scribe Donny Cates and illustrated by Greg Land, Jay Leisten, and Frank D’Armata, Marvel has now announced a series of thirteen variant covers featuring team-ups between the heroes of the Marvel Universe and the characters from Fortnite.
Here’s are the Fortnite covers that Marvel has released so far:
- AVENGERS #36 Fortnite Variant by Sara Pichelli
- FANTASTIC FOUR #24 Fortnite Variant by Giuseppe Camuncoli
- MARAUDERS #13 Fortnite Variant by Russell Dauterman
- VENOM #29 Fortnite Variant Aaron Kuder
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #24 Fortnite Variant by Ed McGuinness
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #7 Fortnite Variant by Javier Garron
- IRON MAN #2 Fortnite Variant by Marco Checchetto
In addition to those seven, these six Marvel titles will also feature Fortnite variants:
- SAVAGE AVENGERS #12 Fortnite Variant by Adam Kubert
- THOR #8 Fortnite Variant by Olivier Coipel
- X-FORCE #13 Fortnite Variant Joshua Cassara
- AVENGERS #37 Fortnite Variant by Mark Brooks
- CAPTAIN MARVEL #22 Fortnite Variant by Iban Coello
- X-MEN #13 Fortnite Variant by Joe Quesada
Marvel’s crossover with Fortnite could be a huge boon to the publisher’s line. Fortnite has an estimated 350 million players worldwide as of this past May, and if even a fraction of those players dip into Marvel’s comics for the first time it would be a huge bump. The season 4 appearance by Marvel characters in the game isn’t the first time the two universes have crossed over, as Thanos appeared as a playable character for a limited time back in 2018.
Look for the baker’s dozen of Marvel Comics Fortnite variant covers to arrive in stores in September and October.