Hey there, I’ll try to keep a running tab on what’s been announced but follow the twitter feed for an abridged version.
Notes supplied by Todd Allen — many thanks!
• Kirkman back on Invincible #111
• Scott Snyder has joined Image for WYTCHES with Jock — the blackest most twisted book he’s done.
• Tech Jacket Digital with Joe Keatinge and Khary Randolph
• Shutter by Keatinge and newcomer Leila del Duca _ what if all the pulp stuff happened and its the future.
• 8 House – an anthology set in a shared fantasy universe headed by Brandon Graham with a wealth of contributors.
• Nailbiter by Joshua Williamson — set in a small town full of serial killers.
• Superannuated man by Ted McKeever — recently previewed here at The Beat in our year-end survey.
• Low by Rick Remender and Greg Tochinni a 60 issue aquiatic SF series about humans living below the ocean.
• Ody-C by Matt Fraction and Chris Ward retelling the Odyssey in space.
• Casanova, Fraction’s spy saga is coming back from Image with Fabio Moon, backup stories by Michael Chabon and Gabriel Ba
• Bitch Planet by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine deLandro — a women in prison saga
• Great Beyond by Nick Spencer and Matt Jeske, about a dead man who commits suicide
• Paradigms by Spencer and Butch Guice about warring clans of magic users
• Cerulean by Spencer and Frazer Irving, in wehich the last survivors of earth arrive at an inhabitable planet.
• Airboy by James Robinson and Nick Dragotta, reimagining the old series
• Howtoons by Fred van Lente and Tom Fowler about a world without renewable enegery.
• Cowl by written by Kyle Higgins and Alex Siegel, art by Rod Reeseabout the chicago Organized Workers League, a superhero union set in 60s Chicago
The Wicked and the Devine by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie concerned the gods as pop stars
• Nameless by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham the “ultimate horror comics”
• Restoriation by Bill Willingham and Barry Kitson in which all the gods come backinto the world on the same day, claiming sities and a huge body count.
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.