IDW is hiring a full editor to work in their groovy San Diego office. Previous experience required and no telecommuting. Here’s the job listing:
Editor, IDW Publishing
IDW Publishing is seeking an experienced Editor to support the Chief Creative Officer. This is a full-time position located in our San Diego, CA offices.
Essential job responsibilities include:
• Manage 6-8 comic-book titles per month. This includes management of all aspects of your titles’ development, including but not limited to:
o Developing story ideas and proposals with writers, hire creative team and work with team to ensure deadlines are consistently met
o Ensuring licensor or creator approval at all stages, including proposal, script, cover art, solicitation copy, b&w art, color art, and final lettered PDFs
o Manage all other tasks associated with producing titles that meet the approval of creators and licensors and preparing titles for printing
• Attend daily production meetings, weekly Editorial meetings and maintain constant status updates of all your projects for the Chief Creative Officer
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with licensors, creators, retailers, press, and co-workers.
• Brainstorm with the Editorial group on new directions or creators for existing licensed books, new creator-owned titles, and potential new licenses to pursue
• Assist marketing dept. with development of press releases and marketing materials
• Maintain relationship with Diamond Distribution
o Prepare monthly comic-book solicitations and cover images for your titles
o Prepare quarterly book solicitations for your titles
• 4-5 years of experience working in an Editorial department
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
• Eligible to work in IDW Publishing’s San Diego offices; no telecommuting option is available for this position.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of and interest in the comic-book industry
• Maintain strict monthly schedules on comic-book titles, including anticipating challenges and finding timely, relevant solutions
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, able to both line-edit and copy-edit
• Strong Mac skills, including Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint, and Photoshop Elements
If interested, qualified candidates should send resumes and cover letters to “IDW Editorial Position” at [email protected] We will begin contacting qualified applicants in early July.
Can you tell where this job is listed?
I went to the IDW web page looking for more information and their page says that there are no openings now.
The job is listed here on the Beat!
Comments are closed.