Looking to buy some amazing original art at San Diego? Stop by the D&Q booth for the Beguiling art sale. Details below. Art above by Farel Dalrymple, from Meathaus: SOS; below, Paul Pope for Saks Fifth Avenue.
The Beguiling: Original Comics Art at San Diego Comic Con!
Weds July 20th to Sunday July 24th
@ The Drawn & Quarterly Booth, #1629
Preview: Beguiling Artstore Online
A staple of the San Diego Comic-Con for more than a decade, The Beguiling will once again be on hand to represent the original art sales of more than 40 of the world’s top art-comix and indy cartoonists, many with brand new, never-before-seen pieces of art. As always, The Beguiling original art sales will be located in a corner of booth #1629, owned by venerable Canadian publisher Drawn & Quarterly.
The Beguiling original art store original works including comics pages, illustrations, sketches and more, 365 days a year online at http://www.beguiling.com/artstore1a.asp. Comic-Con 2011 will see originals on hand from D&Q cartoonists including Seth, Anders Nilsen, Jason Lutes, Sammy Harkham, Brian Ralph, Zach Worton. and more. In addition, we will have all-new pieces on hand available at all price-points, from industry giants including Paul Pope, Jeff Lemire, Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon, Jordan Crane, Farel Dalrymple, Becky Cloonan, and many more!
2011 Original Art Highlights Include:
• – Dozens of all new pages from Jeff Lemire, from across his award-winning works including Essex County, Sweet Tooth, The Nobody, and more!
• – Brand new pages by Farel Dalrymple from Omega The Unknown (with Jonathan Lethem), The Guild (with Felicia Day), Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog (with Zack and Joss Whedon), and more!
• – Some gorgeous new illustrations and pin-ups from the amazing Paul Pope, including work from THB, advertising work from Sax Fifth Avenue, and pages from Heavy Liquid, Strange Science Fantasy, Roy Crane’s Captain Easy, Fantastic Four, and more!
• – Your last chance to get new pages from Rafael Albuquerque’s American Vampire #1-5, Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon’s BPRD, Sugar Shock, DMZ, and Umbrella Academy! Plus new pages from Becky Cloonan’s DEMO
• – Rare interior pages from Seth’s It’s A Good Life If You Don’t Weaken, new Incredible Change-Bots and Cat-book art from Jeffrey Brown, Crickets #3 pages from Sammy Harkham, Illustration and concept work from Kagan McLeod (Infinite Kung-Fu), Ganges pages from Kevin Huizenga, pages from the “Paul” books by Michel Rabagliati, and more!
• – First ever original art from Zach Worton’s THE KLONDIKE, published by Drawn & Quarterly!
Hate paying for shipping? If you will be at the San Diego Comic-Con and are interested in purchasing a specific piece of art from our website, we will happily bring it to the show for you. If you’d like us to bring a specific piece from our website to take a look at, please contact us at email@example.com. Unfortunately we are not “holding” art for people unless they have purchased it outright, but we will try to accommodate all requests.
The Beguiling will have at least a representative sampling of original art available for sale from all of the following artists:
Jessica Abel, Rafael Albuquerque, Ho Che Anderson, Gabriel Ba, Jeffrey Brown, Eddie Campbell, Genevieve Castree, Scott Chantler, Becky Cloonan, Jordan Crane, Farel Dalrymple, Kim Deitch, Pheobe Gloeckner, Sammy Harkham, David Heatley, Kevin Huizenga, Chris Hutsul, Jason, Jeff Lemire, Jason Lutes, Matt Madden, Kagan McLeod, Fabio Moon, Anders Nilsen, Bryan Lee O’Malley, Paul Pope, Michel Rabagliati, Brian Ralph, Ron Rege Jr., Graham Roumieu, Sean Scoffield, Seth, Jay Stephens, Maurice Vellekoop, Steve Weissman, Zach Worton, and Chip Zdarsky.
So once again, that’s The Beguiling Books & Art in San Diego at Drawn + Quarterly’s booth, #1629! See you this week!
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.