With another Saturday comes the next step in lightening up the fairly moribund DC Films universe, with the first actual trailer (the previous one was a quickly made clip show for their Hall H presentation) for the Zack Snyder-directed Justice League:
Just a few groggy, I just woke up from a long Friday night, thoughts:
- Aquaman is going to be the best thing about this movie, and that’s not meant to be a drag on anything else, Jason Momoa just looks to be both hilarious and bad ass.
- I’m not sure how the story is going to pan out, Zack Snyder and Chris Terrio’s take on the Fourth World doesn’t scream out excitement to me, but the action is going to look great. This could be a film that plays into all of Snyder’s best strengths. That Flash bit alone blows everything about the tv show’s approach to the Speed Force out of the water.
- On the other hand, Cyborg continues to look awful, like a bad Transformers reject. I really wish they had smoothed out his design a bit.
- That shot of Billy Crudup as Henry Allen gave me life!
- “I’m rich.” – Humor! A good sign!
- Speaking of signs, none of Henry Cavill as Superman. I guess they’re going to tease that out for as long as they can.
Justice League opens on November 17th.