Dave Dorman, voted “#1 Star Wars Artist of All Time” by fans, we’re told, is having an online STAR WARS Holiday Print Sale of the remaining Artist Proofs he has available in his limited private inventory. The sales runs until Dec. 31st and order will be shipped free worldwide.
Dorman recently announced on his blog that he would not be attending Star Wars Celebration 7, as he was not a chosen artist for Celebration, so this is the last opportunity for many to collect the pieces they wanted to add to their collection at Celebration.
The pieces Dorman offers during his Holiday Sale include:
• Breaking Ground: Imperial Base, Moon of Endor from Star Wars Celebration 6 for $75
• A Slight Disturbance in the Force on the Battlefield of Hoth from Star Wars Celebration 5 for $75
• Lord Vader’s Persuation of the Outer Rim Worlds to Join the Empire from Star Wars Celebration 4 for $125
• Incident on the Jundland Wastes, Tatooine from Star Wars Celebration Europe for $100
• Rise of the Sith from Star Wars Celebration 3 for $50
• Plus many more Artist Proofs from his personal archives remaining from the duration he held a license with Lucasfilm.
Doran has more to say about his art not being accepted at Celebrations 7 here:
Well, now that Lucasfilm has announced the artists selected for the SW Celebration 7 Art Show, I can publicly confirm that I was not selectedto participate this year. It is with great sadness and disappointment that I am now announcing this, but the judging has been made, and there is no reversing that.
The judging was done differently this year, asking for comps of the art proposed, then submitted anonymously to be judged.
There was no respect for the reputation or the years of good will put in by any artist–just the comp, rough, or finished art submitted for approval.
So…here was my piece–a color rough featuring Vader continuing to pursue the genocide of the Jedi after Order 66. I guess I missed the mark in idea… or perhaps not doing a more finished rough..it’s not EU… ties directly into the gap between EP3 and 4…
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.