Evan Dorkin’s famed carton of hate and wedge of spite — aka Milk and Cheese — are getting a hardcover collection, Dorkin reports. The 240 page collection will include a host of extras:
– The book will feature over 80 pages of comics that have not been collected before.
– There will be a 24-pg color section featuring all the color M&C strips, a cover gallery, pin-ups, merchandise art, trading cards, etc.
– There will also be a 24-pg B&W supplemental section featuring pin-ups, t-shirt designs, and other art, etc.
– The book will include the rare 1997 M&C Special Edition 16-pg mini-comic featuring the expanded “Darth Vader Overdrive” strip and extras.
– The only M&C-related comic that will not be in the collection is the M&C/Pirate Corp$! strip from Munden’s Bar Annual #2.
– Some very swell folks gave us some very nice back cover quotes.
– The book should be hefty enough to hurt anyone hit over the head with it.
– The book should be pretty freaking awesome.
Rampaging across comics since the ’90s like an out of control bulldozer, Milk & Cheese cut a memorable swath of laughter. It’s high time these jokesters cut their own collection.
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.