With DC’s New 52 changing the face of comics, and getting mostly positive reviews from retailers, it was time for Marvel to announce their OWN new initiative which is aimed at people who want to open new stores. Marvel will provide deep discounts and free trade paperbacks and access to Marvel’s Retailer Resource Center.
The promotion also applies to existing accounts who want to open a new store.
It almost goes without saying that in a challenged retailing environment, opening new stores is of vital importance.
Marvel is proud to announce the New Stores initiative, an unparalleled support program for retailers opening new “brick and mortar” comic book shops worldwide. To qualify for the benefits of Support Your Stores initiative, retailers need only contact their Diamond representative to ask for inclusion in this program. The benefits include, but are not limited to:
• A six-month 53% Discount
· Marvel’s new inclusion in the ongoing Diamond “stocked to the Max” program, following the same Diamond rules with onetime Stocking discount of 59% on all in stock items!
• FREE copies of nearly two-dozen of Marvel’s top-selling collections featuring the world’s most popular super heroes
• FREE recent variant covers
• Unprecedented discounts on Marvel product for the first six months of membership in this program
• Exclusive sales calls from Marvel and Diamond staff
• FREE access to first looks on the Marvel Retailer Resource Center
• FREE access to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited
• Promotion via Marvel.Com and Marvel’s social media networks
• Extensive promotional material to create greater consumer awareness of Marvel product
• And more!
“Our retail partners in the Direct Market are the lifeblood of the comic industry and we’re committed to helping new retailers open across the world,” said David Gabriel, Marvel SVP of Sales. “We want to make it easier for new stores to launch successfully and with the New Stores program we’re arming new retailers with everything we can to help them enter this exciting world. Marvel provides current retailers with a tremendous amount of promotional posters, samplers, sneak peeks, free books, special sales and incentives, and much more—and now we’re applying that successful strategy to helping new retailers promote our medium to even more fans.”
Marvel urges retailers to check the Marvel Mailer and Diamond Daily for more information on the New Stores initiative.
If you’d like to set up a new account with Diamond, e-mail [email protected] or call 800-45-COMIC, ext 215.
Note for current retailers in good standing who are contemplating opening additional locations, this package also applies.