Ahead of the May 14 release of Manfried Saves the Day, the graphic novel sequel to last year’s surprisingly touching Manfried Saves the Man, The Beat has partnered with Quirk Books to giveaway five (5) copies of the book to five lucky readers. In Manfried’s world, which is like a mirror to our own, anthropomorphized cats take care of tiny men, who are just as mischievous and silly as cats in our world.
Manfried Saves the Day follows Steve Catson and his man pet Manfried as they adapt to new relationships in both of their lives. Steve has a new job and a new girlfriend, Henrietta; Manfried is making friends with the stray men at the local shelter to help them get socialized for adoption; and then Steve brings home a stray man named Garfield, and Manfried’s whole world is thrown out of whack. Add to that a money-hungry businesscat who wants to demolish the shelter for his own gain and you have, well, a rather sticky situation.
Can Steve and Henrietta raise the funds they need to save the shelter? Is entering their men in the Manflower Man Show the best way to do it? There’s only one way to find out!
You can check out a preview of Manfried Saves the Day in our interview with creators Caitlin Major and Kelly Bastow, which we published earlier this week. To enter to win a copy of the book, check out the terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is open only to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Eligible participants must be at least 13 years old. The promotion is not open to Quirk Books employees.
- By participating in this giveaway, you agree to share your email address with Quirk Books and The Beat.
- Prizes: Five winners will receive 1 copy of Manfried Saves the Day by Caitlin Major and Kelly Bastow (release date May 14, 2019).
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
- The Beat will email the winner. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified. Quirk Books will fulfill all prizes.
This giveaway runs through Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Entries submitted after the cut-off will not be considered for prizes.
Samantha Puc is an essayist and culture critic whose work has been featured on Bitch Media, The Mary Sue, Bustle, and elsewhere. She mostly writes intersectional pop culture analysis with a particular focus on representation of LGBTQ and fat characters in fiction. Samantha is the managing editor at The Beat, as well as the co-creator and editor-in-chief of Fatventure Mag, an outdoors zine for fat creators who are into being active, but not into toxic weight-loss culture. She lives in Montana with her partner and cats.