There may be no Comic-Con this year…but there will be a DC Fandome. A “mega, 24-hour, immersive virtual fan experience,” the online event will feature stars, creators and content reveals for EVERYTHING DC-related, from the comics to the TV shows to The Snyder Cut! It all kicks off on August 22nd at 10 AM PDT.
According to the PR which you can read below, the casts and creators of all your fave DC shows and movies will be participating, including: Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the Snyder Cut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsiders and, Wonder Woman 1984.
The event will feature six themed “areas” including one to introduce fans to the “DC Multiverse” — among the participants are DC Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti. Stand by with all your pertinent “Ayers Cut” questions! With timed events for different time zones and ages, the event will include announcements, new footage and “themed worlds.”
Another area is titled the “Blerd & Boujee House” and curated with content for BIPOC fans.
And fans can submit their own content for the DC YouVerse — the submission portal is here.
DC Fandome is such a big deal that Warner Chair Ann Sarnoff herself gave it the kick-off quote. “There is no fan like a DC fan,” she said in a statement. “For more than 85 years, the world has turned to DC’s inspiring heroes and stories to lift us up and entertain us, and this massive, immersive digital event will give everyone new ways to personalize their journey through the DC Universe without lines, without tickets and without boundaries. With DC FanDome, we’re able to give fans from around the world an exciting and unparalleled way to connect with all their favorite DC characters, as well as the incredible talent who bring them to life on the page and screen.”
Warner Bros. traditionally has the biggest presence at the annual San Diego Comic-Con, with a massive booth, massive presentations, bags, keycards and parties galore. DC Fandome may not include free drinks and trays of mini fish tacos, but it will be a strong branding opportunity to get the message out about the all important DC Universe.
Also, a nice chance for DC head Pam Lifford, WB’s president of branding, to show off branding galore.
Exploring the DC FanDome
The epicenter of the DC FanDome is the Hall of Heroes, where you can experience special programming, panels and content reveals from a wide variety of films, TV series and games, available in several languages, including Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. From there, navigate deeper into the DC Multiverse, exploring five additional satellite worlds, each with its own localized content and unique activities and one world fully devoted to our younger fans:
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centerpiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareables; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.
Pull Up to the Blerd & Boujee House
Where my Blerds at? The second annual celebration of Black nerd culture returns with the all-new Blerd & Boujee House at DC FanDome, bringing Blerds, LatinxGeeks and all nerds “party-with-a-purpose” vibes. As anyone lucky enough to get into the first-ever Blerd & Boujee boat party (featuring DJ D-Nice) at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 can attest, fans will not want to miss connections and conversations designed for the culture.
Calling All Fans!
There’s nothing more important to DC than our fans, and we want to showcase you! In partnership with Talenthouse, DC FanDome today launched a call for your best DC Fan Art & Fandom displays. Show us your cosplay, makeup, tattoos and even your own Batcave! Be sure to submit your best at create.DCFanDome.com for a chance to be featured inside this virtual world event, and demonstrate to people in your home country and across the globe that you are the ultimate DC Super Fan. Selected artists on the day of our event will be voted on by the community in each of our two competitions in order to help our judges pick selected artist winners. Selected artist winners will receive part of a cash prize pool courtesy of DC and Talenthouse.*