This weekend, the Anaheim Convention Center is hosting the D23 Expo, Disney’s fan-centric pop culture convention. It’s “Disney-Con”…three days of exhibits, announcements, and special guests!
So, naturally, Disney is announcing all sorts of stuff! New Marvel TV shows, the latest Disney Legends inductees, and, of course, the parks and resorts.
We’ve already highlighted the new Avengers Campus, but here’s Marvel’s Agent M with a video, at 1080p if you want to freezeframe the video:
- Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure (in the southeast quadrant)
- Avengers Campus at Paris Disneyland
- A “Xandarian Outpost” in Florida, at what will be the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction (replacing the old Exxon “Universe of Energy” ride).
- A “mobile base” in the Caribbean. (Most likely, events featured on the Disney cruise ships. They offer Star Wars and Marvel special cruises.)
- A “mission station” at Shanghai Disney Resort. (If I read the coordinates correctly, the attraction will be placed near the entrance. But they’ve got lots of space to grow.)
- Nothing announced for Tokyo, which is licensed from Disney.
- Stark Expo already exists at the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, featuring the Iron Man Experience and Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! in Tomorrowland. (There’s some more space for show buildings in that corner of the park.)
Oh, and here’s a graphic from last May, in case you missed it.
First, the video:
Lots to unpack!
The Epcot Transformation
Park goers know that Epcot, based on the World’s Fair model, isn’t working too well, and some of the attractions are showing their age. (Epcot opened in October 1982.)
The transformation started years ago, as seen with the introduction of a Frozen Ever After ride at the Norway pavilion, Nemo being added to the Living Seas, and the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.
Thus, it’s no surprise that more licensed attractions will be added.
The reinvention of Epcot will include Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana.” This first-ever experience based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios hit film, “Moana,” will let guests interact with magical, living water in a beautiful and inspiring setting.
Yes, animated water, just like the movie. (Will James Cameron consult?)
This is Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience, located in the new Odyssey Events Pavilion. It will showcase the upcoming improvements to the park. (I really wish they would have a technology museum that features the tech used in the parks, as well as innovations from Disney Research.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
Disney announced at the last D23 Expo that there would be an immersive hotel connected to the Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in Florida. Here’s more detail:
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be a new, first-of-its-kind vacation experience where guests will check in for a two-night adventure aboard a glamorous starship. Once onboard, guests will interact with characters and become active participants in stories that unfold around them on their galactic journey.
That ship is part of the Chandrla (har!) Star Line.
But that’s not all!
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products presentation is scheduled for 10:30 am Sunday, and we’ll report on all the announcements!
Comments are closed.