Advance reviews are red hot, and Black Panther is also killing it in advance ticket sales, according to Fandango. In fact, it’s beating all other superhero movies in advance sales, beating the previous winner 2016’s “Batman v Superman.”
Anyone paying attention to the buzz – and the trailers – knows that Ryan Coogler’s film doens’t just look sharp, it seems to be a new kind of Marvel movie. And audiences seem ready for it. According to a news release:
Thanks to stellar buzz from its world premiere and first screenings on Monday night, “Black Panther” rose to the top of Fandango’s daily ticket sales on Tuesday. As of Wednesday morning, “Black Panther” is still the #1 daily ticket-seller on Fandango, even though it doesn’t open in theaters for two more weeks (on Feb. 16).
According to a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 “Black Panther” moviegoers:
● 97% are looking forward to a different kind of superhero movie.
● 95% look forward to the film’s positive messages.
● 93% said they couldn’t wait to see Chadwick Boseman in his own “Black Panther” movie after seeing him in “Captain America: Civil War.”
● 86% are excited to see the film’s all-female guards/warriors, the Dora Milaje.
● 85% are intrigued by the film’s exotic setting in the mythical African kingdom of Wakanda.
● 84% are particularly excited to see Michael B. Jordan’s performance in this movie.
“The buzz on ‘Black Panther’ is electric,” says Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis. “Early screening audiences say it is one of Marvel’s best movies ever, and the positive word-of-mouth is helping drive the movie’s spectacular advance ticket sales.”
Jumping on a hot trend, Fandango is offering limited edition “Black Panther” collectible movie gift cards here and “Black Panther” merchandise at Fandango FanShop here. And when you buy Black Panther tickets on Fandango you’ll get a complimentary movie poster. While supplies last…and the way things are going that might not be long.
Black Panther opens in theaters on February 16th in the US.