Welcome back to episode 2 of Four Women in a Hotel Rooms At TCAF starring myself, Erica Friedman, Deb Aoki and Brigid Alverson. After some confusion over our differing bedtimes, we got up bright and early this morning and assembled our thoughts.
In this episode:
- Brigid talks about the panels on the infrastructure of comics and LGBTQ comics for middle grades
- Erica talks about possibly making a GN for middle grades and overcoming objections to boys readings comics starring girls
- Deb talks about interviewing Sana Takeda on her working relationship with Marjorie Liu on Monstress
- Heidi talks about Shannon Hale and Dave McKean’s Black Dog: The Dream of Paul Nash live performance last night.
- We eat croissants and jam.
Four women, uncensored and wild in Toronto. Face it, this is the ONLY podcast you need to listen to for TCAF!
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.