TCAF is coming down the pike, with dates of May 14th and 15th, and the guest list includes the usual bounty of international domestic and American. More are being announced daily but here’s the line-up thus far, and the poster by Kate Beaton:
- Kate Beaton – National treasure, creator of beloved graphic novels Hark! A Vagrant, and Step Aside Pops, and the hit children’s book The Princess and The Pony, and TCAF 2016 poster artist! Scroll down to see her poster for this year!
- Chester Brown – Cartooning legend behind Louis Riel, Paying for It, Ed the Happy Clown, debuting his new graphic novel Mary Wept Over The Feet of Jesus.
- Faith Erin Hicks – Prolific and popular cartoonist, debuting the first volume of her new trilogy, The Nameless City.
- Jeff Lemire – Creator of Essex County, Sweet Tooth, and more. Maclean’s Magazine called him the “Stephen King” of comics. Debuting the new graphic novel Plutona.
- Michel Rabagliati – Essential Québecois cartoonist behind the massively popular series of Paul books (The Song of Roland, Paul Joins the Scout, Paul Goes Fishing). Debuting the new graphic novelPaul Up North, and celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Canadian comics stalwart Conundrum Press!
- Chip Zdarsky – Co-creator of Sex Criminals, Kaptara, writer of Jugheadand Howard the Duck, and TCAF 2016 poster artist!
- Matt Furie – Accomplished pop visual artists and cartoonist behind the viral sensation Pepe the Frog. Debuting the graphic novel Boys Club.
- Lisa Hanawalt – Hilarious cartoonist, podcaster, and lead designer of the hit Netflix series BoJack Horseman! Debuting the graphic novel Hot Dog Taste Test.
- Jennifer Hayden – Author and artist of the powerful breast cancer journey, The Story of My Tits.
- Emi Lenox – Webcomics sensation for Emitown, co-creator of the debuting Plutona.
- MariNaomi – Eisner-nominated autobio cartoonist of Dragon’s Breath and Other True Stories and Kiss & Tell: A Romantic Resume, Ages 0 to 22. Debuting the graphic novel Turning Japanese.
- Duncan Fegredo (UK) – Renowned illustrator of Enigma, Kid Eternity, and Hellboy.
- Manuele Fior (ITA) – Artist behind the award-winning 5000 kms per second, debuting in English at the festival.
- Simon Hanselmann (AUS) – Alt-comix superstar creator of the cult favourite Megg, Mogg, and Owl series of books debuting a new collection!
- Shintaro Kago (JPN) – Extreme and grotesque body horror artist, debuting the brand new graphic novella TRACT, and will be featured in an exclusive showing of original artwork from that book!
- Sean Phillips (UK) – Master artist of noir comics like Criminal, Fatale, and The Fade Out. Curator of the Phono+Graphic Art Show, showing at TCAF!
- Rokudenashiko (JPN) – World-famous, vulva-centric artist, colloquially known as “The Vagina Kayak Lady,” currently fighting the Japanese government on obscenity charges.Debuting her graphic novel What Is Obscenity?
- Francisco Sousa Lobo (PRT) – Much raved about visual artist and graphic novelist making his first appearance in Canada.
- Barbara Yelin (DEU) – Award-winning German artists debuting her first English-language translation, Irimina.
- Marguerite Abouet (CIV) – Award-winning author of the Aya series of books!
- Balak (FR) – Storyboard artists, 2D animator and TV show director in France. One third of the team behind the smash hit The Last Manseries.
- Boulet (FR) – Debuting the English-language edition of his massively popular webcomic Notes.
- Bastien Vivès (FR) – One third of the team behind The Last Man series of books, as well as many other sensational French albums.
Featured Kids Guests!
- Alex A. (QC/CAN) – Author and illustrator of Super Agent Jon Le Bon, Canada’s best-selling Canadian-authored, French-language graphic novel series. Now available in English!
- Kazu Kibuishi (USA) – Creator of the #1 New York Times bestsellingAmulet series, and TCAF 2016 poster artist.
- Dana Simpson (USA) – Creator of the massively popular newspaper comic strip, Phoebe and Her Unicorn.
- Raina Telgemeier (USA) – Award-winning author and illustrator of the graphic novels Smile, Drama, and Sisters (Sunday only).