Since the Fantastic Four are coming back in August, Marvel is celebrating the event in their preferred way: line-wide variant covers.
Bonus points for Arthur Adams doing a deep cut on Immortal Hulk, calling back to his own brief Fantastic Four run. You’ll see a few different eras getting callbacks, include the cartoon era with Herbie the Robot!
Official PR follows:
The Fantastic Four have returned, and what better way to celebrate the homecoming of Sue, Reed, Ben and Johnny than with a collection of variant covers highlighting the different iterations of Marvel’s beloved first family? This August, some of the industry’s most acclaimed creators will bring you the Fantastic Four through the years, highlighting the team during their many different and memorable eras in Marvel Comics!
Look for Marvel’s RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR variant covers on these select titles:
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3 by STEVE EPTING
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #4 by CHRIS SPROUSE (not final art)
- ASTONISHING X-MEN #14 by ADAM KUBERT
- AVENGERS #6 by JOHN CASSADAY
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #2 by TRAVIS CHAREST
- DEADPOOL #3 by ROB LIEFELD
- DOCTOR STRANGE #4 by DAVID AJA
- FANTASTIC FOUR #1 by MARK BROOKS
- HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: DEAD ENDS #1 by STEVE MCNIVEN
- IMMORTAL HULK #4 by ARTHUR ADAMS
- MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #9 by ALAN DAVIS
- SENTRY #3 by PHIL NOTO
- THE LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL #2 by HUMBERTO RAMOS
- THE PUNISHER #1 by SALVADOR LARROCA
- THOR #4 by BRYAN HITCH
- TONY STARK: IRON MAN #3 by ADAM HUGHES
- VENOM #5 by GERARDO ZAFFINO
- WEAPON H #6 by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
- X-23 #3 by CARLOS PACHECO
- X-MEN: RED #7 by DAVID MARQUEZ
Don’t miss your chance to collect all 20 variant covers, coming to comic shops this August!
Todd Allen wears a lot of hats. At various times he’s been (alphabetically), a bouncer, college professor, humor columnist, Internet producer and an NBA/WNBA Beat Writer, among other things. He’s the author of Economics of Digital Comics. You should probably read it.