Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen are getting new comics this June from the creative teams of Greg Rucka/Mike Perkins and Matt Fraction/Steve Lieber, respectively.
The news, which leaked online earlier this week, was made official Tuesday by the release of DC Comics May solicits. Both comics are billed as ongoing series that will start in June, and the announcements for them came in the preview for May’s Superman: Leviathan Rising Special #1, the complete text and cover of which can be found below:
SUPERMAN: LEVIATHAN RISING SPECIAL #1
written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS,
MATT FRACTION, GREG RUCKA and MARC ANDREYKO
art by YANICK PAQUETTE, STEVE LIEBER and MIKE PERKINS
cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
An all-star roster of writers and artists highlight the new threat of Leviathan, but also tees up new ongoing series for Jimmy Olsen by writer Matt Fraction and artist Steve Lieber, and Lois Lane by writer Greg Rucka and artist Mike Perkins, coming in June! As Leviathan enacts a plan to take down Superman, it’s up to Lois, Jimmy and the heroes of the DC Universe to rescue the Man of Steel.
ONE-SHOT | PRESTIGE FORMAT
ON SALE 05.29.19
$9.99 US | 80 PAGES
FC | RATED T
Fraction and Rucka are both long-time friends and collaborators of Brian Michael Bendis, the current Superman showrunner, so to speak, at DC. At pretty much the exact same time as the solicits official release, Bendis took to reddit for an AMA, in which he also revealed the official cover for Naomi #6, which you can see below:
- Organizations from throughout DC continuity will be involved in Action Comics’ Leviathan storyline, including Checkmate, Leviathan, DEO, Cadmus, ARGUS, Kobra Cult, etc.
- Clark grows a beard (!!) and goes undercover in Action Comics #1010.
- Ron Troupe from the Daily Planet is out on assignment.
- Adam Strange is “part of what is going on with Rogol Zaar” in Superman.
- Jon and Connor Kent will meet, and there will be some “re-branding” related to the Superboy title.
- Naomi will be done “HELLBOY style,” with its first run going for six issues before a break for artist Jamal Campbell.
- Naomi 2 and Amethyst will be part of Wonder Comics, Season 2.
- Naomi’s last name will be a thing to watch out for…
- Young Justice #3 will focus on Connor Kent, and subsequent issues will focus on what’s been going on with other team members. “Amethyst (by Jon Timms) gets the spotlight in issue 4. We also have a Stephanie brown and Tim Drake sequence by Kris Anka in issue 5, with more Tim in issue 6. And favorite artist Elena Casagrande also joins the team as she delivers a look at Jinny Hex’s origins.”
- The final Young Justice team roster has not yet been revealed.
- Bendis ended with “long live…” which, c’mon, that’s just a big Legion of Superheroes tease, if I’ve seen one.
- More artwork shared by Bendis…