In case you missed it, ComiXology has a huge giveaway going on Black Panther comics, following the death of Chadwick Boseman. When I say huge, I mean I stopped trying to count them at 250. Entire runs of various Panther-related titles. Which means there is plenty of good stuff. Unfortunately, the glaring omission here is the Don McGregor/Billy Graham run. The free comics are single issues and that run is only in collected editions. I’m linking to the individual series pages, so when you get there, scroll down to the “Issues” listings at the bottom and claim your treasure. I’m not sure how much longer this giveaway will last, so it’s probably a good idea to get it today.
(Disclosure: If you buy something we link to on our site, we may earn commission.)
- Black Panther (1977-79) – This is the Jack Kirby run
- Black Panther (1988) – Peter B. Gillis / Denys Cowan mini-series
- Black Panther (1998 – 2003) – The legendary Christopher Priest run with a several artists
- Black Panther 2099 (2004) – One-shot by Robert Kirkman and Kyle Hotz.
- Black Panther (2005 – 2008) – The first Reggie Hudlin run. Starts with Hudlin/John Romita, Jr. and ends with Jason Aaron/Jefte Palo(Make sure to grab X-Men #175 and #176 – Crossover issues by Peter Milligan and Salvador Larroca)
- Black Panther (2008 – 2010) – Hudlin’s back. Starts out Shuri-centric with Hudlin/Ken Lashley and ends with a Doomwar run-up by Jonathan Maberry and Will Conrad
- Doomwar (2010) – Latveria and Wakanda go to war by Jonathan Maberry and Scot Eaton
- Captain America/Black Panther: Flags of Our Fathers – A WWII tale of Cap visiting Wakanda by Reggie Hudlin and Denys Cowan — probably a good intro to Hudlin
- Black Panther: The Man Without Fear (2010 – 2012) – The Panther patrols Hell’s Kitchen while Daredevil’s away by David Liss and Francesco Francavilla
- Black Panther (2016 – 2018) – The Ta-Nehisi Coates era begins with Brian Stelfreeze as the opening artist
- Marvel’s Black Panther Prelude (2017) – A mix of reprints and new material designed as a prelude to the Black Panther film
- Black Panther (2018 – Present) – That’s right the current series is also included. “The Intergalactic Kingdom of Wakanda” is the opening arc by Coates and Daniel Acuna
And we’re just getting warmed up. Moving right on to:
- Rise of the Black Panther (2018) – An origin story written by Coates & Evan Narcisse with art by Paul Renaud
- Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda (2019) – Spinning out of Avengers and notably featuring General Okoye by Jim Zub and Lan Medina
- Marvel Action Black Panther (2019) – Were you aware Kyle Baker wrote some Black Panther? The YA series by Baker and Juan Samu
- Black Panther Vs. Deadpool (2018-2019) – By Daniel Kibblesmith and Ricardo López Ortiz
- Black Panther: World of Wakanda (2016-17) – The Midnight Angels take center stage, written by Coates, Roxanne Gay, Yona Harvey and Remberte Browne with art by Alitha Martinez, Afua Richardson and Joe Bennett
- Black Panther & The Crew (2017) – By Coates and Butch Guice
- Shuri (2018 – 2019) – Written by Hugo Award winner Nnedi Okorafor with art by Leonardo Romero
- Amazing Spider-Man: Wakanda Forever (2018) – By Nnedi Okorafor and Alberto Jimenez Alburquerque
- Avengers: Wakanda Forever (2018) – By Nnedi Okorafor and Oleg Okunev
- X-Men: Wakanda Forever (2018) – By Nnedi Okorafor and Ray-Anthony Height
- Black Panther: Long Live the King (2017-18) –By Nnedi Okorafor and André Lima Araújo
- Klaws of the Panther (2010) – Shuri in the Savage Land by Jonathan Maberry and Gianluca Gugliotta
- Killmonger (2018-19) – By Bryan Hill and Juan E. Ferreyra
Not enough for you? Fine.
- Fantastic Four #52 – The Panther’s first appearance by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby
That’s a LOT of comics free for the taking, so enjoy. And if you poke around Comixology, you might find a few more.