Marvel has revealed five J. Scott Campbell covers for October’s X-Men Black weekly one-shots. Will there be more? History would suggest some variants are coming, but this is what’s currently released.
Official PR follows:
As announced at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, X-MEN BLACK begins this October! And now the five captivating covers for these terrifically terrible tales have been revealed—all brought to life by superstar artist J. Scott Campbell!
Exploring the sinister side of mutantkind, X-MEN BLACK is comprised of five one-shot stories, including:
- MAGNETO #1, by writer Chris Claremont and artist Dalibor Talajic, on October 3
- MOJO #1, by writer Scott Aukerman and artist Nick Bradshaw, on October 10
- MYSTIQUE #1, by writer Seanan McGuire and artist Marco Failla, on October 17
- JUGGERNAUT #1, by writer Robbie Thompson and artist Shawn Crystal, on October 24
- EMMA FROST #1, by writer Leah Williams and artist Chris Bachalo, on October 31
Look through the gallery below as the specter of X-MEN BLACK begins to overshadow Marvel’s merry mutants…
Todd Allen wears a lot of hats. At various times he’s been (alphabetically), a bouncer, college professor, humor columnist, Internet producer and an NBA/WNBA Beat Writer, among other things. He’s the author of Economics of Digital Comics. You should probably read it.