Do you have what it takes to juggle a bunch of monthly comics, dealing with freelancers, Diamond, retailers and the comics press? If you’re up for it, IDW is hiring! Here’s the deets:
Editor, IDW Publishing
IDW Publishing is seeking an experienced Editor to support the Chief Creative Officer.
This is a full-time position located in our San Diego, CA offices.
Essential job responsibilities include:
* Manage 8-10 comic-book titles per month. This includes management of all aspects of your titles’ development, including but not limited to:
o Developing story ideas and proposals with writers, hire creative team and work with team to ensure deadlines are consistently met
o Ensuring licensor or creator approval at all stages, including proposal, script, cover art, solicitation copy, b&w art, color art, and final lettered PDFs
o Manage all other tasks associated with producing titles that meet the approval of creators and licensors and preparing titles for printing
• Attend daily production meetings and update the Chief Creative Officer on status of all your projects
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with licensors, creators, retailers, and press
• Brainstorm with the Editorial group on new directions or creators for existing licensed books, new creator-owned titles, and potential new licenses to pursue
• Assist marketing dept. with development of press releases and marketing materials
• Maintain relationship with Diamond Distribution
o Prepare monthly comic-book solicitations and cover images for your titles
o Prepare quarterly book solicitations for your titles
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
• Employment eligibility to work with IDW Publishing in our San Diego offices. No telecommuting option is available for this position.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of and interest in the comic-book industry
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, able to both line-edit and copy-edit
• Maintain strict monthly schedules on comic-book titles, including anticipating challenges and find timely, relevant solutions
If interested, qualified candidates should send resumes and cover letters to [email protected] We will begin contacting qualified applicants in early- to mid-February.