Yesterday Z2 Comics announced The Last Comic Book on the Left Volume 2. Featuring stories by James Tynion IV, Rick Veitch, Bob Fingerman, and many more, and sporting covers by Fingerman and David Mack, the new anthology is the latest graphic novel curated by Marcus Parks, Henry Zebrowski, and Ben Kissel, the hosts of the horror podcast The Last Podcast on the Left. Today The Beat is pleased to present an exclusive look at a pair of art prints that will accompany the graphic novel, featuring work by artists Joefur and Butch Mapa.
Here’s how Z2 describes The Last Comic Book on the Left Volume 2, and who all is contributing to the book:
Alongside the clandestine organization known as Z2 Comics, the minds behind Last Podcast on the Left have recruited a new batch of
victims creators devoted to ushering terror and hilarity onto panel and page for THE LAST COMIC BOOK ON THE LEFT VOLUME 2. These conjurors of the profane will unleash new tales featuring Bigfoot, Philip K. Dick android, Gef the Talking Mongoose, the return of the Well Actually Killer, Alcatraz island, the Manson Family, and more sad, buttery goodness from Detective Popcorn.
What deviants are responsible for this debauchery?
• James Tynion IV (The Department of Truth, Something Is Killing the Children)
• Rick Veitch (Swamp Thing, Miracleman)
• Bob Fingerman (Minimum Wage, Beg the Question)
• Ian McGinty (Adventure Time, Invader Zim)
• Tom Neely (Henry & Glen Forever)
• Lonnie Nadler (Black Stars Above, X-Men)
• Brandon Montclare (Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur)
• Butch Mapa (Avengers)
• Masa Minoura (Genesis One: A Poppy Graphic Novel)
• Jensine Eckwall (Almost A Full Moon)
• Tyler Boss (4 Kids Walk Into a Bank, What’s the Furthest Place From Here?)
• Eliot Rahal (Machine Gun Kelly’s Hotel Diablo, the upcoming Cheech and Chong’s Chronicles: The Graphic Novel)
• Logan Faerber
• Bayard Morse
Like the first volume of The Last Comic Book on the Left, a series of prints will come bundled with deluxe editions of the book. Artists and subjects include:
• Koren Shadmi, Alien…um…accessories
• Ashley Ross, Hail Yourself
• Butch Mapa, The Birdman of Alcatraz
• Jenna Cha, Sexy Mothman
• Zack Pape, Jeffrey Dahmer’s Apartment
• Joefur, Last Podcast on the Left Medley
The first volume of The Last Comic Book on the Left was released by Z2 Comics earlier this year, and Volume 2 brings back a number of the contributors from the first book, including Tynion IV, Veitch, Fingerman, Boss, Rahal, McGinty, Cha, and Faerber.
In a statement announcing the graphic novel, Parks and Zebrowski described their inspiration for assembling the new anthology as succinctly as possible:
“Our insatiable hunger for ink and blood couldn’t be sustained with one volume,” Marcus Parks explains.
“We needed to see more Detective Popcorn. We craved more of the Well Actually Killer, let alone debuts from Gef the Talking Mongoose and Philip K. Dick android. This volume delivers all of this and more in an avalanche of paneled goodness,” Henry Zebrowski adds.
Check out the print artwork by Joefur and Butch Mapa below. The Last Comic Book on the Left Volume 2 is due out in stores in October, and is available for preorder now.