We’re starting a new post because too much awesome in the last one!
Dana Waldman is back as a Simpson character to introduce new Disney offerings.
• The Mighty Ducks are coming back, of course. The stars will really be able to skate. It’s a live action show about a youth hockey team. Emilio Estevez returns.
• Turner and Hooch another classic — probably the most important announcement today. Tragically for the Beat, they aren’t showing the trailer to us. Crying here.
• Big Shot a drama set in the world of girls basketball. John Stamos against some snotty girls. Writes itself. A lot of talk about potential.
And the ambitious dramas in development:
• Beauty and the Beast — Luke Evans and Josh Gad are in it with new music by Alan Menken.
• Swiss Family Robinson by Ron Moore (BattlesStar Galactica) and Jon Chu (Crazy Rich Asians.)
• Percy Jackson is coming to Disney+ and drove more than a million tweets in a day when announced.
§ The Mysterious Benedict Society — based on the much loved books.
6:53: Sean Bailey of the live action division now is up to talk about movies on Disney+.
• A spooky sequel to Hocus Pocus.
• Touchstone revivals – oh yeah, the ’80s and ’90s live.
• Three Men and a Baby led by Zac Efron is coming in 2022.
• Safety about a football player who must raise his young brother — debuting tomorrow.
• Duane Johnson is produced an inspiring film about a coach.
• Greek Freak about that Greek basketball player whose name I can’t spell.
• Developing a bio film about basketball player Chris Paul, whose past is deeply moving.
• Flora and Ulysses about a young comic book fan and her squirrel. coming in February.
• Cheaper by The Dozen, about a multiracial blended family of 12. Gabrielle Union stars.
• Diary of a Wimpy Kid — a no-brainer there as the books are so huge. An all new animated look!!!
• Ice Age gets a spinoff with the Adventures of Buck Wild. Simon Pegg returns as Buck.
• Night at the Museum is coming back in an animated version. Sean Levi will be a producer.
And live action Disney stuff:
• For summer 2021 the previously announced Jungle Cruise with Duane Johnson and Emily Blunt.
• The Lion King is getting a prequel — Barry Jenkins, director of Moonlight is making it.
• Rob Marshall returns to Disney with a live action Little Mermaid, as previously announced. There will be all-new music from Alan Menken and Lin-Manual Miranda.
• Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. YES YES YES. Andy Samberg and John Mulaney voice the little rascals! Oh my goodness.
• A live action Pinocchio from Robert Zemeckis and Tom Hanks.
• Peter Pan and Wendy will be on Disney+ as suspected.
• Enchanted has a sequel in the works, and Amy Adams will be back as Giselle in Disenchanted, which will stream exclusively on Disney+
• And finally Sister Act 3 with Whoopi Goldberg.
• Cruella is coming, with Emma Stone and Emma Thompson and others not named Emma, set in ’70s punk rock London. I know some people who will watch just for that reason.
A much neede break for Hannukah and Jennifer Lee is up to talk about feature animation:
• Big Hero Six director Don Hall is out to talk about the Baymax series spinning out of Big Hero Six — coming in 2022
• Zootopia+ is a series set in the world of Zootopia with little animals we didn’t get to learn much about. A lot of sloth content. Coming in spring 2022.
• Tiana, a series about the star of The Princess and the Frog. Coming in 2023
• A long form musical comedy series starring Moana coming in 2023.
• And Nigerian Pan Africa Comic Book makers are making something that melds comics and animation. A series is called Iwaju set in Lagos. Coming in 2022.
• And the 60th animated Disney film: Encanto, set in Columbia, with music by Lin-Manuel Miranda, coming in late 2021. Not previously announced.
Pete Docter arrived to share the upcoming plans for Pixar:
- First, the release of Soul, the latest Pixar movie, on Disney+ this Christmas.
- Pixar Popcorn, a collection of bite-sized stories created by Pixar animators, on the way in January.
- Three new series to premiere on Disney+: Dug Days, a spinoff of the 2009 movie Up featuring the dog gifted with speech (but not with brains); a Cars series in the fall of 2022 featuring Lightning McQueen and Mater in a road trip across the country; and Win or Lose, an original series that follows a co-ed middle school softball team on the way to the championships with episodes that feature the same events presented from different perspectives in fall of 2023.
- Pixar’s next feature will be Luca, which is scheduled to arrive in theaters in June 2021.
- Then, Turning Red, a new feature from the director of the short Boa, Domee Shi, scheduled to arrive in theaters on March 11th, 2022.
- This will be followed by Lightyear on June 17th, 2022, a science fiction movie that reveals the origin story of the original Buzz Lightyear, with the character being voiced by a legitimate big-screen hero: Chris Evans!
For Pinocchio, I hope so much that there will be this music Coach to Pleasure Island and Hi Diddle Dee Dee An Actor’s Life for Me, and that Monstro will always be a sperm whale or a Livyatan Melvillei and that he will ultimately have a rather heroic role in attacking and swallowing Pinocchio’s enemies: Stromboli or the coachman. I would not be against Honest John and Gedeon becoming heroic in the end like Lefou in Beauty and the Beast of 2017.
For the Peter Pan & Wendy, I hope it shows how Peter Pan cut off Captain Hook’s hand before throwing it at the crocodile, how and where the crocodile swallowed the alarm clock; where did Peter, the Lost Boys, Captain Hook, and the pirates come from before arriving at Neverland; and also how Hook became a captain. I wish the appearance of Captain Hook, as well as his ship the Jolly Roger, were based on those of HOOK by Steven Spielberg.
For Lightyear, I hope so much that we will see Zurg as he was seen in Toy Story 2 even if he will not be a toy like Buzz Lightyear. I would also like to see a cover of the intro scene from Toy Story 2 with Buzz first appearing until his confrontation with Zurg. I so wish there was this music: You’ve got a friend in me, Toy Story 2 Game Soundtrack The Evil Emperor Zurg, Toy Story 2 Game Soundtrack Airport Infiltration and Toy Story 2 Soundtrack Zurg’s Planet from 0:38 to 1:14.
I hope so much that there will be in Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones), the return of John Rhys-Davies (Sallah), Karen Allen (Marion Ravenwood), Shia LaBeouf (or otherwise a other actor for Henry Jones III Mutt Williams), Fred Sorenson (Jock Lindsey), George Harris (Simon Katanga), Eddie Tagoe (Messenger Pirate), Jim Broadbent (Charles Stanforth), Alan Dale (Robert Ross), Kate Capshaw (Wilhelmina Willie Scott).
I hope so much that in The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild will show how the Weasel Buck ended up in the world of dinosaurs, what happened after his first meeting with Rudy as when ‘it’s gone crazy that there will be most of the music for the movie Ice Age released in 2002: Opening Travel Music, Angered Rhinos, Humans Diego, Dodos, Fighting Over the Melons, Walking Through, Baby’s Wild Ride, Checking Out the Cave, Running from the Lava, Baby Walks Tigers Try to Get Baby, Giving Back Baby, Send Me On My Way -Rusted Root; and that the series will also take place after the fifth Ice Age where we find the characters from this film as well as those from the previous ones: humans: the return of Nadia, Roshan’s mother, Runar, Roshan’s father, Roshan, saber-toothed tigers: Zeke, Oscar, Lenny, and possibly Soto who survived his injuries, rhinos: Carl and Frank, dodos, sloths: Jennifer and Rachel, Sid’s family: Zak, Marshall, Bertie, uncle Fungus, Milton father of Sid, Eunice mother of Sid; Mama Dino and her 3 babies Roger, Gavin and Gertie, and Rudy (where there could be a t-rex and Blue-like fight against the indominus rex in Jurassic World, but not just head butt but also kick of bites) where the latter could end up being caught and swallowed by the whale Precious (such as the mosasaur catching and killing the indominus rex in Jurassic World), and the worlds seen in the first movie Ice Age.
I want so much to see in a series what Ahsoka Tano and Rex did after the events of The Clone Wars Victory and Death: how Gregor and Wolffe had their chips removed, present in their heads serving to trigger Order 66, and how they ended up with Rex on Seelos aboard an ; when and how Ahsoka met Bail Organa and Hera Syndulla; what Ahsoka did with his other lightsaber; how Ahsoka got his new white lightsabers; what Barriss Offee has become: if she saw Ahsoka again and reconciling herself; Maul fighting Darth Vader; how Maul got his new lightsaber; if Ahsoka saw Riyo Chuchi, Lux Bonteri, Trace and Rafa Martez, Saw Gerrera, Ursa Wren, Korkie Kryze, and Mace Windu if he survived.
If they do a series on Ahsoka Tano, I hope so much that this character’s story begins when she leaves the Jedi Order, and that it is shown what she has become until the events of The Clone Wars Gone With A Trace: If after leaving the Jedi Order, she reviewed Asajj Ventress and teamed up with her on a mission; but also Barriss Offee and talk with her after discovering her betrayal, in order to reason with her and eventually be reconciled.
I would like to see in a series what Ahsoka did after being saved by Ezra Brider in Star Wars Rebels A World Between Worlds until she finds Sabine Wren to leave for the search for Ezra Bridger in Family Reunion and Farewell Part II.
I look forward to seeing Ahsoka with Sabine on their quest to find Ezra Bridger.
I so want to see Ahsoka meet Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Han Solo, Force ghosts of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda.
I so want to see Mace Windu again in an episode of a TV show sequel to Star Wars III Revenge of the Sith after his fall and is shown how the Jedi Master survived after he been sent out the window by Darth Sidious. I would like to see Mace Windu see Ahsoka Tano again after Order 66.
I so want to see Ahsoka Tano seeing Obi-Wan Kenobi again on Tatooine or before his exile on Tatooine after Order 66.
I hope the Bad Batch will meet Ahsoka Tano especially after Order 66.
Comments are closed.