DC Comics has released the full creator line-up and contents for the upcoming Dark Nights: Death Metal – The Last Stories of the DC Universe one-shot. In a posting on Twitter from the DC Nation account, the publisher shared the credits page from the 80-page issue.
Here's your full lineup for Dark Nights: Death Metal The Last Stories of the DCU #1, in stores December 8! pic.twitter.com/ccT8JojHwZ
— DC Nation (@thedcnation) November 6, 2020
Here’s the full lineup of the seven stories featured in the issue:
- A story featuring the Titans, written by Joshua Williamson, James Tynion IV, and Scott Snyder, with art by Travis Moore and Tamra Bonvillain, and letters by Deron Bennett
- A Green Lantern tale by Jeff Lemire, Rafael Albuquerque, Ivan Plascencia, and Steve Wands
- A Wonder Woman story by her series writer Mariko Tamaki, with artists Daniel Sampere & Adriano Lucas and letterer Saida Temofonte
- Green Arrow & Black Canary in a story by Gail Simone, Meghan Hetrick, Marissa Louise, and Travis Lanham
- An Aquaman story by Christopher Sebela, Christopher Mooneyham, Enrica Eren Angiolini, and Dave Sharpe
- A story featuring the full Bat-family, by Cecil Castelluci, Mirka Andolfo, Andrew Dalhouse, and Saida Temofonte
- A Superman story to conclude the issue from writer Mark Waid, artist Francis Manapul, and letterer Josh Reed
The issue includes some character/creator reunions, as Gail Simone returns to Black Canary, a character she wrote for years in the Birds of Prey series. The Superman story from Waid is his first DC work since 2008, and Manapul’s first interior work in a few years as well.
Last week Williamson shared a piece of art from the book, a spread featuring Titans members past and present by Moore & Bonvillain:
Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe #1 is coming out in December. This special is filled with great creators telling amazing and emotional stories. Check out this two-page spread by @TravisGMoore & @TBonvillain. Just a preview of how stunning our Titans story is. pic.twitter.com/IVbTdFNFN8
— Joshua Williamson (@Williamson_Josh) October 29, 2020
Sampere also shared a piece of artwork from the Wonder Woman story by he and Adriano Lucas:
I've been allowed to share this page I did for Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Univers #1 coming out in December. I did this page on traditional inks. Amazing colors by @fxstudiocolor
I hope you like it! pic.twitter.com/YThoJnLfUr
— Daniel Sampere (@Sampere_art) October 29, 2020
And Hetrick also sneakily shared some process art from her Green Arrow story:
68 degrees (f) and sunny? Don’t mind if I do. pic.twitter.com/PFrV6CSwCu
— Meghan (@MeghanHetrick) October 16, 2020
A collection of stories about what the heroes of the DC Universe do with their last night on Earth sounds fantastic, and the creative team line-up for this book is absolutely stacked with talent. Check out the main cover for the issue by Tula Lotay and Dee Cunniffe below. Dark Nights: Death Metal – The Last Stories of the DC Universe #1 is due out from DC Comics on Tuesday, December 8th, with a final order cutoff date this Sunday, November 8th.