Over on Comixology, Dark Horse is having a very deep 50% off sale for Memorial Day. The discount kicks in when you use the “DH50” code in shopping cart.
That’s a pretty deep bench, so here are a few things that might be of interest to you:
- It really is hard to separate Dark Horse and Hellboy at this point and it’s a fine series.
- The recent critical darling at DH these days is Black Hammer. Here are Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.
- Lone Wolf and Cub is a HUGELY influential manga about a disgraced samurai bidding his time as a hired sword until he can take revenge on those who betrayed his master. Highly, highly recommended and here’s Volume 1.
- Ever read the original Roy Thomas / Barry Smith / John Buscema Conan run? It starts here and it’s all up. Hard to say what format this will take with Marvel and how quickly it will all be re-released.
- Paul Chadwick’s Concrete was a big deal in the 80s and an early hit for Dark Horse.
- Bryan Tablot’s Grandville series is extremely well done anthropomorphic steam punk.
- Nexus by Mike Baron and Steve Rude is another 80’s classic, mostly from First Comics at the time. While it looked like a superhero comic, it was really a science fiction comic about a reluctant assassin whose missions came in dreams.
- Gerard Way’s Umbrella Academy was how he started in comics.
- Joe Kubert’s Tarzan – a master at work.
- The Complete Elfquest needs no introduction, so I’m not giving one.
There’s plenty to look at here and if Dark Horse isn’t doing it for you, there’s still:
It’s a big weekend for sales.