Just in time for Halloween, Alex Ross Fine Art has announced a series of paintings based on the Classic Universal Monsters: Frankenstein, Cracule, the Wolfman, the Invisible Man, and so on.
The paintings – which have both b&w and tinted versions — will debut at San Diego Comic-Con 2017 — it’s never too early to start planning!
The Classic Universal Monsters set will include:
- (Boris Karloff) Frankenstein -1931
- (Bela Lugosi) Dracula-1931
- (Elsa Lanchester) Bride of Frankenstein-1935
- Creature from the Black Lagoon-1954
- (Boris Karloff) The Mummy-1932
- (Lon Chaney Jr) The Wolf Man-1941
- (Claude Rains) The Invisible Man-1933
- Monster Mash (as soon above)
And a few more for good measure.
Even by Ross’s standards, these are pretty excellent.