Ahead of the ceremony, which will be streamed on Friday, October 9th at 7:50 pm EDT / 4:50 PM PDT, the 2020 Harvey Awards winners have been announced, and it was a big win for Gene Yuen Yang, who won in two categories. You can see the list of nominees here. The complete list of winners:
- Book of the Year: DRAGON HOOPS by Gene Luen Yang (First Second)
- Digital Book of the Year: THE NIB edited by Matt Bors (thenib.com)
- Best Children or Young Adult Book: Superman Smashes the Klan by Gene Luen Yang and Gurihiru (DC Comics)
- Best Manga: WITCH HAT ATELIER by Kamome Shirahama (Kodansha Comics)
- Best International Book: (Drawn and Quarterly)
- Best Adaptation from a Comic Book/Graphic Novel: WATCHMEN by HBO, based on Watchmen (DC Comics)
The virtual 2020 Harvey Awards — with acceptance speeches by the winners — will be part of New York Comic Con/ Metaverse and the event will be hosted by award-winning author and producer Vivek Tiwary. For more details, visit findthemetaverse.com/schedule.
The Harvey ceremony will also induct this year’s Hall of Fame entrants:
- Osamu Tezuka (Astro Boy)
- Jill Thompson (Scary Godmother)
- The founding members of Milestone Media – Denys Cowan, Derek T. Dingle, Michael Davis, and the late Dwayne McDuffie.
Nominees for this year’s awards were once again selected by a committee of diverse industry voices including creators, publishing professionals, retailers, educators, and librarians. This nominating committee was curated by this year’s Harvey Awards coordinators: Eden Miller along with Camilla Di Persia and Chris D’Lando of ReedPop, with the desire to represent all corners of the comics publishing industry. The Harvey Awards Steering Committee is co-chaired by Nellie Kurtzman, John Lind, and Chip Mosher.
So glad to see the Milestone creative founders in the Hall of Fame; totally deserved. And so cool about Gene Luen Yang!
Comments are closed.