Announced today by DC Entertainment and FOX, the first season of FOX’s popular Batman prequel Gotham will see release on September 8th. It’s a show that never quite settled into a groove for me well enough to finish, or really even check out what was happening in its back-half, where I understand it changed a bit tonally; but given the richness of the Batman mythos, Gotham remains a series that has great promise potentially.
The upcoming set will include the following special features, along with its 22 one-hour episodes:
- Gotham Invented: Building Our Gotham
- Gotham Invented: Paving the Way for the Caped Crusader
- Gotham Invented: Fractured Villains of Gotham
- Designing the Fiction
- The Game of Cobblepot
- Gag Reel
- Unaired Scenes
- DC Comics Night at Comic-Con 2014 Presenting Gotham, The Flash, Constantine and Arrow
- GOTHAM: The Legend Reborn
- Character Profiles:
- Detective Harvey Bullock
- Detective James Gordon
- Oswald Cobblepot
- Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth
- Fish Mooney
- Leslie Thompkins
- Killer Character
The whole set retails for $60, though Amazon already has it for $44.96 on pre-order.
With a second season on the way this Fall, this would be a good time for anyone interested to catch up on Bruno Heller‘s vision of Batman. Any fans in the readership that plan on picking this up? How’d you feel about the first season on the whole?