By now it’s safe to assume the hardcore fans of DreamWorks’ Voltron: Legendary Defender have already binged the jaw-dropping Season 6, released just a few weeks ago, and pacing the floor waiting until next season arrives.
As revealed by Nerdist, Voltron will unsurprisingly have a major presence once again at SDCC including a sneak peek of Season 7 as well as Voltron related Exclusives available at different exhibitors.
Looks like LEGO is the latest to join the Voltron Coalition with the announcement of the LEGO Ideas Voltron set inspired by the ‘80s cult classic animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series. The set is based on a concept from the fan-fueled LEGO Ideas crowdsourcing platform. At over 2,321 pieces this is the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever.
While the set will be sold first at SDCC next month at Booth #2829, it will be available to the general public for $179.99 on August 1 to the general public.
Check out the details and images below-
21311–LEGO® Ideas Voltron
2321pieces | Ages 16+
Available August 1, 2018.
**Limited quantities will be available for purchase first for attendees at San Diego’s Comic -Con (7/17-22)at the LEGO booth (#2829)
Let’s go Voltron force in LEGO® style!
It’s time to defend the universe so get ready to form LEGO® Ideas 21311 Voltron, the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever! This awesome set features buildable and highly posable black,blue, yellow, red and green lions with specially designed, extra-strong joints to combine them all and create the Voltron super robot, plus a huge sword and shield that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands. Ideal for display or to recreate thrilling action from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- Features 5 buildable and posable lions that can be transformed and combined to create the giant Voltron super robot.
- Play with the lions individually or combine them using extra-strong joints to form Voltron—the black lion forms the head and torso; the red and green lions form the arms; and the yellow and blue lions form the legs.
- Pose the head, shoulders, arms and wrists of Voltron (legs are not posable).
- Also includes a sword and shield (each with silver-colored elements) that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator and super force of LEGO® designers.
- This set includes over 2,321 pieces.
- Display or play out exciting stories from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- Voltron measures over 15” (40cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide.
- Black lion measures over 6” (17cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
- Yellow and blue lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
- Green and red lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Voltron’s sword measures 11” (29cm) long.
- Voltron’s shield measures 6” (16cm) in diameter.