The Beat is happy to run job postings from allied industries. Here is one from VIP Brands.
Rights Sales and Social Media & Marketing Associate
VIP Brands is a small comics and graphic novel rights sales agency and consultancy whose mission is to help expand graphic novel horizons. We are important influencers in the international rights sales business. We sell world English rights for international publishers as well as initiate and organize activities that expand graphic novel and comic acquisition opportunities.
This immediate freelance position is the perfect opportunity for someone who has a desire to expand their sales and marketing experience in the international comics and graphic novel universe. Integrity, creativity, attention to detail and strong follow up skills are important.
- Rights Sales and Social Media & Marketing Associate – freelance/contract – Collaboratively managing external sales relationships and driving market specific strategies developed in partnership with agency director.
- Managing social media B2B marketing for North American and World English market. Promoting, company, brand, catalog and titles to raise awareness and interest in European graphic novels and especially VIP Brands’ client catalogs to industry professionals such as acquisition editors, editors, librarians, sales and marketing executives, press….
- Building out contacts. Drive sales growth and updating online platforms; with a focus on digital marketing and operational excellence.
- Generating and distributing newsletters, keeping catalogs, web site and other tools updated and dynamic.
- Targeting and coordinating with influencers.
- Working with GM to organize events and market & fair presence.
Skills & Experience:
A flexible self-starter who can take and enjoys taking initiative and change focus when necessary. Excellent communication skills; written and verbal. Strong Microsoft Office, website and web catalog experience and abilities. Deep and wide social media universe knowledge, understanding and experience. Quick learner, early adapter, with design experience and full of ideas. At least 3 years experience in publishing including B2B social media and marketing. Agency experience a plus. At least Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s and/or training courses a plus French language proficiency a plus, both French and German a plus plus.
If you are interested in being part of this small international dynamic enterprise, please send a resume with a cover “letter” of interest which includes rates to: i.hahnenberger@vip-licensing.
VIP Brands Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.