Looking for a job in comics? Have some experience in Direct Market Retail Sales? Then maybe you’d like to be a Direct Market Sales Representative for Image. They’re hiring.
Image Comics is looking to fill a full-time Direct Market Sales Representative position in our Portland, Oregon offices (located in the Montgomery Park building).
Direct Market Sales Representative duties include:
- Perform weekly cold-call phone follow-ups as well as other forms of outreach with direct market retailers and provide personal, tailored register pitches aimed to resonate with ordering habits
- Create and present weekly and monthly financial summaries for upper management, including written commentaries on the results
- Analyze and track sales data, identify trends, strategize with the Director of Sales on opportunities to increase sales revenue
- Provide recommendations for innovations & efficiencies that positively impact the sales team initiative
- Liaise with comic book store retailers, troubleshoot inventory and customer service issues as they arise
- Spearhead weekly pre-Final Order Cutoff and one-off retailer-facing newsletters
- Track and maintain inventory levels
- Execute sales incentives and promotional campaigns for weekly new product introductions
- Provide deadline-sensitive inventory orders for all conventions to Conventions & Events Coordinator
- Interface directly with Diamond Comic Distributors—provide guidance, priority feedback, and troubleshoot time-sensitive issues as needed
- Represent Image Comics at annual national retailer and consumer shows or conventions as needed
- Adopt a friendly and positive attitude while also keeping proactive and firm with following-up on a variety of different moving parts, for a variety of different partners and clients.
3 years of experience in sales, data analysis, or related field paired with well-versed knowledge of the comics and graphic novel industry. This is a full-time, in-office position. Please send your resume and salary requirements.