The nominees for the 2023 Cartoonist Studio Prize have been announced! The eleventh annual Cartoonist Studio Prize is presented by The Center for Cartoon Studies and The Beat.
This year, there are thirteen nominees in each the “Print Comics” and “Webcomics” categories.
Nominees for Best Print Comic
The nominees for the Best Print Comic are:
- Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands by Kate Beaton
- Frog in the Fall by Linnea Sterte
- Geneviève Castrée: Complete Works 1981 – 2016 by Geneviève Castrée
- Headland by Kate Schneider
- The High Desert: Black. Punk. Nowhere. by James Spooner
- Joseph Smith and the Mormons by Noah Van Sciver
- Keeping Two by Jordan Crane
- my badly drawn life by Gipi
- Notes from a Sickbed by Tessa Brunton
- The Peanutbutter Sisters and Other American Stories by Rumi Hara
- Stray by Molly Mendoza
- Talk to my Back by Yamada Murasaki
- Walk Me to the Corner by Anneli Furmark
Nominees for Best Webcomics
The nominees for the Best Webcomic are:
- Darkest Night by Molly Knox Ostertag
- Elephant Town by Danielle Corsetto
- Ever Onward Through the Fog by Arwen Donahue
- Girl Juice by Benji Nate
- The God of Arepo by Reimena Yee
- Helena by Michael Furler
- Hold On by Angie Kang
- Iconoclastic by Ali Fitzgerald
- Long Neglect by Theo Stultz
- Trans Classic Movies by Jett Allen
- The Unseen Artistry of Women by Sólveig Eva Magnúsdóttir
- Vivian’s Ghost by Hal Schrieve
- What’s in a Name? by Shay Mirk
Winners in each category will be awarded $1,000 and a Wacom One Creative Pen Display.
2023 Cartoonist Studio Prize
The winners of the 2023 Cartoonist Studio Prize will be announced soon. In the meantime, you can check out the winners of the 2022 Cartoonist Studio Prize.
The 2023 Cartoonist Studio Prize is sponsored by Wacom and Felix Comic Art.
What do you think of the nominees? Do you have any favorites who you are hoping to see take home the 2023 award? The Beat wants to hear from you! Let us know, either by leaving a comment here below the article or giving us a shout-out on social media @comicsbeat!
My vote is for HEADLAND by KATE SCHNEIDER !!!!
HEADLAND BY KATE SCHNEIDER!!!!!
Headland by Kate Schneider. Easily the best graphic novel of 2022
Headland by Kate Schneider! Beautiful, moving, and deserving of all the awards.
Comments are closed.