In a bit of an upset over Stucky and Stormpilot, Olicity won “Ship of the Year” at the 2016 MTV Fandom Awards. Teen Wolf, which announced its final season, won the coveted “Fandom of the Year” award. The awards were presented as part of the MTV Fandom Fest events at Petco park but you can relive all the drama when the show is broadcast on Sunday, July 24 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
Winner were decided by fans who voted through Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr and Twitter; over 21 million votes were cast.
The complete list of winners:
- FANDOM OF THE YEAR: “Teen Wolf”
- SHIP OF THE YEAR: “Olicity” from “Arrow”
- BEST NEW FANDOM: “Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments”
- FAN FREAKOUT OF THE YEAR: “The 100” — RIP Clexa
- BANDOM OF THE YEAR: 5 Seconds of Summer
- ANIMATION FANDOM OF THE YEAR: “Steven Universe”
- BEST REVIVAL: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.