The CBLDF is pulling out all the stops with an exclusive new Neil Gaiman book from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (above) and Neil’s signed tee shirts on sale at the booth. The auction includes Jack Kirby, Dave Gibbons, Jeff Smith, Matt Wagner and many more great originals . Jim Lee, Whilce Portacio, Joe Linsner, & Terry Moore will be at the Sunday Live Art Jam. And of course, the Welcome party, Thursday night 7:30-11 at the Westgate with Drink & Draw Social Club with Jim Lee. All details in the jump.
At the Booth!
Celebrate Free Speech with the debut of Liberty Comics! This full color anthology features Mike Mignola, J. Scott Campbell, Ed Brubaker, Garth Ennis, Mark Millar & more. Get your copy first from the CBLDF at Comic-Con!
Neil Gaiman Exclusives!
Snow, Glass, Apples
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab presents “Snow, Glass, Apples,” a numbered, limited edition chapbook of Neil Gaiman’s acclaimed short story, with new art by Julie Dillon. Each chapbook comes with a 5ml bottle of Snow, Glass, Apples perfume oil blend from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.
This edition is limited to 1000 copies. 250 will be available from CBLDF at Comic Con 2008, and the remainder will go on sale July 30, 2008, at www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com. The Fund will be offering the set at the retail value of $50.
Neil’s Signed Tees!
The ultimate Neil Gaiman collectible! To benefit the CBLDF, Neil has generously signed and donated a selection of his t-shirt collection for this year’s Comic-Con! Each one-of-a-kind t-shirt is personally signed, including some incredibly rare ones, such as movie crew tees and other souvenirs! Get `em before they’re gone!
Comics, Graphic Novels, & Prints!
CBLDF always offers a wide array of premiums signed by your favorite creators! Stop by this year for new books signed by creators including: Joss Whedon, Jim Lee, Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis, Brian Bendis, Frank Miller, Jill Thompson, Jeff Smith, Colleen Doran, Garth Ennis, Brian Azzarello, Frank Cho and dozens more!
We’ll also have new prints by Joseph Michael Linsner, Terry Moore, Jeff Smith, Larry Marder & more! Get cool stuff to support Free Speech!
Comic-Con Welcome Party!
Thursday 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM
Kick off the year’s biggest comics show in style at the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund’s Comic-Con Welcome Party on Thursday, July 24 at the Westgate Hotel in downtown San Diego.
Sponsored by Image Comics , New York Comic Con , Newsarama , and ICv2 , the CBLDF’s Comic-Con Welcome Party is the perfect start to Comic-Con. Join top artists including Jim Lee, Claudio Sanchez, Robert Kirkman, Colleen Doran, Jim Valentino, Erik Larsen and many more for a night under the stars where you’ll receive an amazing gift bag and witness an exclusive meeting of the Drink & Draw Social Club, featuring Dave Johnson, Dan Panosian & special guests.
The first 300 guests will receive an amazing gift bag including: Four Eyes preview books and Dead Space posters, courtesy of Image Comics; A limited edition New York Comic-Con bobble head, courtesy of New York Comic-Con; a Hellboy 2 Coaster set, courtesy of Dark Horse, and more!
The CBLDF Welcome Party starts at 7:30 PM on Thursday July 24. Admission is a $10 donation for CBLDF Members, and $20 and up for non-members.
Live Art Jam!
Sunday 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Did you ever want to look over a legendary artist’s shoulder while they’re making a great piece of art, and then add it to your collection? Well, here’s your chance to do just that and support a great cause! See Jim Lee (Batman), Whilce Portacio (Spawn), Joseph Michael Linsner (Dawn) and Terry Moore (Echo) draw live art projected on the big screen at the CBLDF Live Art Jam at Comic-Con! Watch these comics legends make stunning drawings of your favorite comics characters that you can bid on to support the First Amendment legal work of the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund! Don’t miss this unforgettable event! Please note, you will need a bidder number to bid on art in this event, which you can pick up throughout the con at Booth 1831, or at the start of the event.
Live Art Auction!
Saturday, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
This is the big one! The CBLDF holds its biggest auction of the year at Comic-Con, and this year brings some amazing one-of-a-kind items to raise money for Free Speech! Primo items include original art by Jack Kirby, Dave Gibbons, Walter Simonson, J. Scott Campbell, Jeff Smith, Neil Gaiman, Paul Pope, & more! All this plus rare comics, signed graphic novels, and prints! You will need a bidder number for this auction, at the CBLDF Booth #1831 or at the start of the event.
Check out the full list of items below
1) Matt Wagner, Stephen Colbert’s Tek Jansen #2, Cover (original art)
2) Jeff Smith, Shazam: Monster Society of Evil dust jacket gatefold, (original art)
3) Jack Kirby & Vince Colletta, “The Teacher,” 10 page romance story (original art)
4) Dave Gibbons, Watchmen group portrait (original art)
5) J. Scott Campbell, Liberty Comics Danger Girl cover (original art)
6) Walter Simonson, Thor in Asgard, (original art)
7) Jim Silke, Bettie Page watercolor (original art)
8) Greg Rucka, Montoya Crime Journal – One of a kind journal created by Greg Rucka for “The Question”. Details: http://www.vicsage.com/wp/montoyas-journal/journal-and-artifact-photos (book arts)
9) Paul Pope, Batman Year 100 page(original art)
10) Mike Allred, Solo — Mr. Miracle `Batusi’ Unused Cover (original art)
11) Shaun McManus, Swamp Thing, Pog group portrait (original art)
12) Terry Moore, Strangers in Paradise #8, p 4 (original art)
13) Marc Silvestri, Whilce Portacio, Rob Liefeld, Jim Valentino, Erik Larsen, jam drawing, pencil on Bristol (original art)
14) Nicholas Gurewich, Perry Bible Fellowship – “Zuthulu’s Resurrection” (original art)
15) Brian Haberlin, Spawn #173, p 2-3, Double Page Splash (original art)
16) Dave Sim, Neil Gaiman, “Lithograph 1: Neil Gaiman,” signed by Sim, collage retouch by Gaiman (prints/original art)
17) Carla Speed McNeil, Frank Ironwine p. 13, signed by McNeil & Warren Ellis (original art)
18) Eric Powell, Noir #3, page 2, signed with Goon Sketch (original art)
19) Endless Reflections. One of a kind Sandman art tribute.(book arts)
20) Jimmie Robinson!, Bomb Queen CBLDF Pin-Up (original art)
21) Walter Simonson, Orion, original drawing (original art)
22) Charlie Adlard, “The 12 Brothers” 4 page story (original art)
23) Richard Moore, Boneyard pinup (original art)
24) Goran Sudzuka & José Marzan Jr., Y: The Last Man #32, Page 19 (original art)
25) Jeremy Love, Y & Ampersand Pin Up (original art)
26) David Mack, The Shy Creatures, drawing (original art)
27) Spain Rodriguez, Three Women, sketch (original art)
28) Timothy Truman, Grimjack drawing for CBLDF (original art)
29) Ramon Bachs, John Lucas, Civil War: Embedded #4, p. 7 (original art)
30) Brian Stelfreeze, figure studies, set of 7 (original art)
31) Charlie Adlard, First Character designs for The Establishment, set of 5 (original art)
32) Scott Roberts, Patty Cake page (original art)
33) John Heebink, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #7, p. 14 (original art)
34) Neil Gaiman, The Dangerous Alphabet #260/400 (prints)
35) Neil Gaiman, Murder Mysteries HC, #122/250 (book arts)
36) Neil Gaiman, The Sky At Night broadsheet #1/5 (prints)
37) Superpowers poster signed by Alex Ross (prints)
38) Ewoks original hand painted production cel (animation art)
39) William Stout print #43/75, signed; hurt corners (prints)
40) Rino Munzo 1984 portfolio, signed (prints)
41) Jim Fitzpatrick 1979 Portfolio, signed (prints)
42) Jan Duursema’s Spirit Guides portfolio #510/1500, signed (prints)
43) Harlan Ellison Angry Candy HC, signed (book arts)
44) Ian Carr, Malcolm & Eric, 2 page story (original art)
45) Neil Gaiman, Stardust Movie Premiere ticket, signed (ephemera)
46) Fabio Laguna, Dragon’s Lair pinup (original art)
47) Michael Gaydos, Unidentified, p. 5 (original art)
48) Alan Moore & Todd Klein, Alphabets of Desire, signed print, first edition (prints)
49) Frank Miller, 300 print, printer’s test print, signed (prints)
50) Arthur Suydam, Forbidden Zone poster, signed (prints)
51) Arthur Suydam, Conan poster, 2005, Dragon Con, signed (prints)
52) Eric Powell, Dave Stewart, Goon Monoprint, signed by both with sketch by Powell (prints)
53) Cerebus #147, featuring Neil Gaiman’s 24 Hour Comic, signed with sketch by Sim (comics)