As much as we’re trying to pretend it isn’t happening New York Comic Con is JUST AROUND THE CORNER. And the panels and events and parties and badge tapping is all bring revealed.
DC just announced their line-up, and they’ll have more details on JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD, the next wave of Rebirth story arcs (including new titles) and something called the KAMANDI Challenge – will you need to wear a loincloth? Developing.
Wonder Woman’s 75th Anniversary gets kicked off with a stamp unveiling and more. And Young Animal will be in the house.
DC will once again be located at the end of the South Concourse, with a display of Wonder Woman costumes and props. Also, the DC Super Hero Girls will appear in costume, and there will be a green screen for pictures.
Here’s the full line-up of events:
With a record-setting 12 million copies shipped this summer, the “Rebirth – What’s Next?” panel will be packed with superstar talent dishing the latest on their current and upcoming story arcs, including Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN), Juan Ferreyra (GREEN ARROW), Ben Percy (GREEN ARROW, TEEN TITANS), Christopher Priest (DEATHSTROKE), Greg Rucka (WONDER WOMAN), Rob Venditti (HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS). Joshua Williamson (THE FLASH) will also be on hand to talk about what’s next for the Scarlet Speedster and reveal details on what’s to come in the first major event for Rebirth, JUSTICE LEAGE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD! Saturday, 11:00am, Room 1A06
- One of the world’s most popular Super Heroes and a powerful global symbol of justice, equality and peace will be center stage at the “Wonder Woman 75” panel. The event will include a collection of writers and artists who continue to create thrilling stories for the iconic Amazonian Super Hero including Marc Andreyko (WONDER WOMAN ’77), José Luis García-López(SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN), Yanick Paquette (WONDER WOMAN: EARTH ONE), Greg Rucka (WONDER WOMAN), Jill Thompson (WONDER WOMAN: THE TRUE AMAZON), Cat Staggs (ADVENTURES OF SUPERGIRL) and Shea Fontana (DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HITS AND MYTHS). Friday, 5:15pm, Room 1A24
- The DC All Access Panel is the place to be for the latest news not only on comics, but the latest news from other DC and Warner Bros divisions, including DC Collectibles, Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, and more! Top talent including Shea Fontana (DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HITS AND MYTHS), Marguerite Bennett (DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS), Kevin Kiniry (DC Collectibles), Steve Orlando (MIDNIGHTER & APOLLO) and Joshua Williamson (THE FLASH, Vertigo’s FROSTBITE) will all be on hand to talk about what’s to come in the DC Universe. Thursday, 1:45pm, Room 1A24
- Eisner-winning writer and My Chemical Romance front man Gerard Way will reveal more details about his brand new pop-up imprint at the “DC’s Young Animal” panel which will also feature fellow collaborators Nick Derington (DOOM PATROL), Jody Houser (MOTHER PANIC), Marley Zarcone (SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL), and more. Friday, 1:30pm, Room 1A06
- Take a trip to Gotham City at the “DC Batman” panel to find out what’s in store for the World’s Greatest Detective and his cohorts. Alongside the BATMAN team Tom King and David Finch and ALL STAR BATMAN writer Scott Snyder this must-attend panel will also feature Julie Benson and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY, Steve Orlando (BATMAN: NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN), Tim Seeley (NIGHTWING), James Tynion IV (DETECTIVE COMICS), and more! Friday, 12:45pm, Main Stage
- Soar to new heights with the Man of Steel at the “DC Superman” panel. Set to include DC writers and artists including the SUPERMAN team including Pat Gleason, Peter Tomasi, and Doug Mahnke, along with Phil Jimenez (SUPERWOMAN) and Steve Orlando (SUPERGIRL), fans will get a sneak peek at what’s to hit the streets of Metropolis and beyond. Thursday, 4:15pm, Room 1A24
- Artists and writers behind some of the most groundbreaking series from the consistently innovative imprint will come together at the “Vertigo” panel. Fan-favorites Scott Snyder and Marguerite Bennett will talk about the recently released AMERICAN VAMPIRE ANTHOLOGY, while SHERIFF OF BABYLON writer Tom King will discuss his critically acclaimed series. Plus Tim Seeley will preview the comic sequel to the 80’s cult classic film THE LOST BOYS, Joshua Williamson will discuss his new mystery series FROSTBITE and Matthew Sturges and David Justus will talk about the newest chapter in the FABLES legacy, EVERAFTER: FROM THE PAGES OF FABLES. Friday, 4:00pm, Room 1A24
- Once again, the funniest panel at the Con will star “The Gang Of Usual Idiots” at the hilarious “MAD” panel. Join John Ficarra, Sam Viviano, Desmond Devlin, Tom Bunk and Jonathan Bresman from the long-running humor magazine for a side-splitting look at MAD, and an unforgettable Q&A. Sunday, 1:15pm, Room 1A21
The Graphitti Designs booth #1744 in the South Concourse next to the DC booth will also once again carry highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for New York Comic Con attendees only including ALL STAR BATMAN #1 (cover by John Romita Jr.), HARLEY QUINN #1 (cover by Amanda Conner), SUICIDE SQUAD #1 (cover by Jim Lee), TRINITY #1 (cover by Francis Manapul), SUPERGIRL #1 (cover by Emanuela Lupacchino), HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS (cover by Freddie Williams II), DOOM PATROL #1 (cover by Nick Derington), BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1 (cover by Ryan Sook) and TEEN TITANS REBIRTH #1 (cover by Jonboy Meyers). All books will feature a special metallic foil treatment on the cover art, will be priced at $15 each, and are only available while supplies last.
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.