As always, DC’s star-studded booth will be a nexus of comics activities at San Diego, as a battalion of freelancers, editors and execs make the scene
Beginning the evening of Wednesday, July 19, DC Comics staff and freelance talent will be on the West Coast for Comic-Con International: San Diego 2006! As always, DC will bring guests to the convention, sponsor panels and much more!
DC’s special guests scheduled to be in San Diego include:
* Mark Buckingham (FABLES)
* Kurt Busiek (ACTION COMICS, AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS, ASTRO
* Terry Dodson (WONDER WOMAN)
* Geoff Johns (52, GREEN LANTERN, INFINITE CRISIS, TEEN TITANS)
* J.G. Jones (52)
* Adam Kubert (ACTION COMICS; through Saturday morning only)
* Jim Lee (ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER, WILDCATS)
* Jonathan Matthews (DC Direct sculptor)
* Ivan Reis (GREEN LANTERN)
* Darick Robertson (THE BOYS)
* Greg Rucka (52, CHECKMATE)
* Douglas Rushkoff (TESTAMENT)
* Steven T. Seagle (AMERICAN VIRGIN)
* Gail Simone (THE ALL-NEW ATOM, BIRDS OF PREY, GEN13, TRANQUILITY)
* Bill Willingham (FABLES, JACK OF FABLES, SHADOWPACT)
* Judd Winick (GREEN ARROW, OUTSIDERS)
Other notable DC talent scheduled to be at the show includes:
* Arthur Adams (TOM STRONG’S TERRIFIC TALES)
* Tony Akins (JACK OF FABLES)
* Adam Beechen (ROBIN)
* Lee Bermejo (HELLBLAZER)
* Danny Bilson (THE FLASH: THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE)
* Brian Bolland (FABLES: 1001 NIGHTS OF SNOWFALL)
* Giuseppe Camuncoli (CAPTAIN ATOM: ARMAGEDDON)
* Matthew Clark (OUTSIDERS)
* Becky Cloonan (AMERICAN VIRGIN)
* Paul DeMeo (THE FLASH: THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE)
* Paul Dini (DETECTIVE COMICS)
* Fred Gallagher (MEGATOKYO)
* Alé Garza (SKYE RUNNER)
* Patrick Gleason (GREEN LANTERN CORPS)
* Dean Haspiel (THE QUITTER, AMERICAN SPLENDOR)
* Allan Heinberg (WONDER WOMAN)
* Gilbert Hernandez (SLOTH)
* Cully Hamner (BLUE BEETLE)
* David Lapham (BATMAN)
* John McCrea (HITMAN)
* Tara McPherson (FABLES: 1001 NIGHTS OF SNOWFALL)
* Brad Meltzer (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, IDENTITY CRISIS)
* Todd Nauck (52, TEEN TITANS GO!)
* George Pérez (JSA)
* Wendy and Richard Pini (ELFQUEST)
* Howard Porter (THE TRIALS OF SHAZAM)
* John Rogers (BLUE BEETLE)
* Brian K. Vaughan (EX MACHINA, Y: THE LAST MAN)
* Mark Waid (52, SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES)
* Brad Walker (SECRET SIX)
* Freddie Williams II (ROBIN)
* J.H. Williams III (BATMAN, SEVEN SOLDIERS)
Led by President & Publisher Paul Levitz, DC Comics will be in San Diego in force, with staff members from across the company.
Editorial staff attending the show include Senior VP – Executive Editor, DCU Dan DiDio; VP – Executive Editor, Vertigo Karen Berger; Executive Editor, WildStorm Scott Dunbier; Group Editors Eddie Berganza, Shelly Bond, Mike Carlin and Bob Schreck; Senior Editors Joey Cavalieri, Matt Idelson and Peter Tomasi; and Editors Ben Abernathy, Jim Chadwick, Joan Hilty, Jonathan Vankin and Stephen Wacker. From the DCU, Editorial Art Director Mark Chiarello will be on hand, as will Coordinating Editor Jann Jones. From DC’s La Jolla offices, WildStorm VP – General Manager Hank Kanalz will be there, along with CMX Director of Manga Asako Suzuki.
DC Direct will be represented in San Diego by VP – Design & DC Direct Creative GeorBrewer, VP – Business Development Jeff Trojan, Director – Product Management Syndee Barwick, Senior Art Director Jim Fletcher and Associate Art Director Shawn Knapp.
From DC’s Creative Services Department, Senior VP – Creative Director Richard Bruning will be at the convention, along with Director – Creative Services Ron Perazza and Manager – DC Online Dave McCullough.
Executive VP – Finance & Operations Patrick Caldon is scheduled to attend the convention, as are members of DC’s Editorial Administration department including VP – Managing Editor Terri Cunningham, Executive Director – Editorial Administration Jack Mahan and Manager – Editorial Administration Leon Avelino. Also at the convention will be Senior VP & General Counsel Lillian Laserson and Senior VP – Business & Legal Affairs Paula Lowitt.
Senior VP – Brand Management Cheryl Rubin will be in San Diego on behalf of DC’s Licensing department, as will Executive Creative Director – Licensing David Erwin and Manager – Licensing Kevin Kiniry.
Senior VP – Creative Affairs Gregory Noveck will be at the show, as will VP – Business Development John Nee, Group Editor – Licensed Publishing Steve Korté and MAD Senior Editor Jonathan Bresman.
From DC’s Advertising Sales department, National Sales Director – Advertising & Custom Publishing Kerry Hughes will be in attendance, as will Managers – Advertising & Custom Publishing Kris Longo and Lisa Mills and Sales Manager of Advertising & Custom Publishing Jason Stroot. In addition, Director of Purchasing Thomas DiMascio is scheduled to be at convention.
DC’s Sales & Marketing staff will be represented by Senior VP – Sales & Marketing Stephanie Fierman, VP – Marketing John Cunningham, VP – Sales Bob Wayne, Manager – Events & Retailer Services Fletcher Chu-Fong, Manager – Marketing Matt Keller, Manager – Direct Sales Vince Letterio, Manager – Marketing Communications Adam Philips, Administrator – Direct Sales Stuart Schreck, Representative – Events & Retailer Services Rex Ogle and Coordinator – Book Trade Sales Jenna Sices. From DC’s Publicity team, look for Director of Publicity David Hyde, Publicity Manager Alex Segura and Publicity Coordinator Sierra Hahn.
that’s a lot of people, cool
weird that Grant Morrison has a scheduled panel with Deepak Chopra, but is not featured in this list – being one the guys behind 52 and all.
Any word on whether DC is flying Jodi Picoult out to SDCC to make a splash about WW?
Would you please email me the email address of Lillian Laserson of