Today marks the third week in a row Marvel’s new digital collected editions have been put on sale for 99¢. At this point, we have to assume it’s ongoing sale. It’s probably safe to assume that tomorrow will see a few more titles being added that reprint older material. That’s been the pattern for the previous two weeks.
Here’s the current link to the Amazon/Kindle sale page. (For whatever reason, Amazon seems to generate a different page each week.) Here’s the link for the Comixology sale page. (Which you might want to bookmark for future reference.)
What’s on sale this week?
- Thor vs. Hulk: Champions of the Universe
- X-Men Gold Vol. 0 : Homecoming (X-Men (1991-2001)
- X-Men Gold Vol. 4: The Negative Zone War (X-Men Gold (2017-)
- Captain Marvel: Carol Danvers – The Ms. Marvel Years Vol. 1 (Ms. Marvel (2006-2010)
- New Mutants: Demon Bear (New Mutants (1983-1991)
- Wolverine Epic Collection: Blood Debt (Wolverine (1988-2003)
While I can’t speak to the second half of that Demon Bear collection, there’s a reason the original Claremont/Sienkiewicz story is one of the big influences on the New Mutants film. Those 3 issues are worth 99¢ all by themselves.
While you wouldn’t necessarily think it by the title, that Wolverine Epic Collection’s description says that it includes Wolverine: Origin. Jenkins and Kubert are listed as creators, so there you go. You get a lot of issues in one of those Epic Collections.
Want to learn more about how comics publishing and digital comics work? Try Todd’s book, Economics of Digital Comics