Actress Danielle Panabaker, who plays Dr. Caitlin Snow and Killer Frost on The Flash, attended Dragon Con this year, where she provided a few (mostly, incredibly cryptic) clues about what’s in store for the start of season 4. Panabaker was tight-lipped as ever, as are most of the cast, but we managed to get a few hints:
- There is a time jump: “I think it’s about 6 months between the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4,” she said. Panabaker confirmed the time jump will also address the departure of season 3 character Julian Albert, after it was announced that actor Tom Felton would not be returning for season 4.
- Caitlin will not be a part of Team Flash: “Team Flash is certainly trying to function even without Barry. Iris has certainly stepped up and taken more of a leadership role. Kid Flash is still out there trying to fill The Flash’s shoes. You’ve got Cisco and Vibe trying to help as well. But Caitlin is not a part of Team Flash at the top of the season.”
- Tom Cavanagh will be directing again (and Panabaker would love to, too): “I’m totally inspired by Tom Cavanagh, who directed last season and has just directed again. He directed our 4th episode this season. I’m no Tom Cavanagh, but he made it look so easy. I would love to follow in his footsteps and maybe get to direct an episode of The Flash.”
- It seems likely we’ll see both Caitlin and Killer Frost: “All I can say is: if you like Caitlin Snow, you won’t be disappointed. If you like Killer Frost, you won’t be disappointed.” This may confirm recent rumors that Panabaker has been seen filming in both Killer Frost and Caitlin Snow costumes.
- There are NO plans for another musical episode: “That musical was pretty ambitious. I think by the time we finished the musical, we were pretty exhausted. To the best of my knowledge we’re not going to do that again this year.”
The Flash returns on October 10 on The CW.