Celebrating multi-cultural voices in film, Amazon Studios plans to host the Summer Drive-In series, double-features curated by Michael B. Jordan and his newly formed marketing arm 8788 and Outlier Society. Starting Wednesday, July 1, select theaters nationwide will be playing these films every other week through the end of August.
Proposed by Michael B. Jordan and Outlier Society, Head of Amazon Studios, Jennifer Saike, said, “We instantly agreed there was no better time to celebrate these inspired films featuring diverse stories while bringing communities together to share in the experience.” Drive-in theaters will allow for the communal experience of enjoying movies on a big screen while maintaining safe social distancing.
“Now more than ever, amplifying Black and Brown stories means engaging culture to speak to hearts and minds about the world we live in,” said Jordan, Principal of Outlier Society. “As we use this opportunity to reimagine community and proximity, I am excited that these films will be shared and celebrated all across the country.”
Each week will feature titles that focus around a specific theme:
- Movies to make you fall in love:
- Love & Basketball (Warner Bros. / New Line)
- Crazy Rich Asians (Warner Bros.)
- Movies that make you proud:
- Black Panther (Disney)
- Creed (Warner Bros.)
- Movies to inspire your inner child:
- Hook (Sony Pictures)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Sony Pictures)
- Movies to make you open your eyes:
- Do The Right Thing (Universal)
- Get Out (Universal)
- Movies to make you laugh:
- Coming to America (Paramount Pictures)
- Girls Trip (Universal)
For information on locations, showtimes, and ticket information for the summer drive-in series, visit ANightAtTheDrive-In.com.