Savage Dragon, Erik Larsen‘s creator-owned Image Comics series, is nearing its 250th issue, and the series is marking the occasion with an array of variant covers by all-star artists. Back in February, Image debuted covers for the issue by Rob Liefeld and Skottie Young, and today the publisher has remaining variant covers by artists Walt Simonson, Frank Cho, and the team of Larsen and Ryan Ottley.
Here’s a look at all of the variant covers, along with the main cover by Larsen:
- Cover A by Erik Larsen (Diamond Code DEC190056)
- Cover B by Frank Cho (Diamond Code DEC190057)
- Cover C by Rob Liefeld (Diamond Code DEC190058)
- Cover D by Walt Simonson (Diamond Code DEC190059)
- Cover E by Skottie Young (Diamond Code DEC190060)
- Cover G drawn by Erik Larsen, inked by Ryan Ottley (Diamond Code FEB209190)
The issue will also be available with a blank sketch variant cover, so you can draw your own cover or have your favorite artist draw one for you at a convention (remember conventions?).
Savage Dragon was one of the original Image Comics titles when the publisher launched back in 1992. After an introductory three-issue miniseries, an ongoing series began in 1993 (so I guess if you want to get technical, this’ll be the 253rd issue of Savage Dragon overall). Image Comics describes Savage Dragon #250 as the beginning of a countdown to the series’s 300th issue, which will give the publisher two titles over the triple-century mark.
Savage Dragon #250 is due out in stores on July 15th.