The Pokémon Company today dropped a new 14-minute dedicated gameplay trailer, entitled Jump into a Paldean Journey, showcasing a plethora of new features to look forward to in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet (launching November 18, 2022).
The new video is the longest trailer yet – almost as long as the 19-minute Pokemon Direct from August. Here is a quick summary of the things in the Pokémon Scarlet & Violet extended 14 minute, 6 second trailer:
- Battles and use of Terastallize demonstrated
- Autobattling (“Let’s Go!” Command) on the field to manage low level monsters. You can also send your partners to pick up items for you on the field
- Map – basic feature: you can set destinations so you don’t forget where you are headed
- Taking on Team Star bases
- Make your own TMs! At the TM Machine in Pokémon Centres you can combine materials acquired from wild Pokémon encounters
- Link Trades
- New Evolved Form: Girafarig can evolve – enter Farigiraf!
- Glance at new Pokédex
- Gym Tests and Challenges
- Customisation of your avatar – hair styling!
- Your avatar can selfie with Pokémon using in-game camera. You can change profile photos.
- Picnics – the field mode where you relax with your squad. Grooming, play. You can also receive eggs during Picnics.
- Build your own sandwich in Picnic…because, why not? Successful sandwiches make certain types easier to catch and boost EXP of your Pokémon team
- Tera Raid Battles – partner with other trainers for new version of Raid Battles from Sword/Shield – to take on and catch terastallized beasts
- Cheering in raid battles now has different stat boosting effects
Pokémon Scarlet & Violet are the ninth mainline games in Game Freak’s world-conquering Pokémon franchise, and the follow-ups to 2019’s Pokémon Sword and Shield, on Nintendo Switch. Nintendo and the Pokémon Company also recently announced that Pokémon Scarlet & Violet will launch with a special Pokémon edition OLED Switch.