Webcomics print publisher Rocketship Entertainment is hitting NYCC with many beloved comics and creators, including…
- Eisner and Ringo nominee Leeanne M. Krecic (Let’s Play)
- New York Times bestselling author Nick Seluk (Lars the Awkward Yeti)
- Ringo nominee Megan Grey (The Croaking)
- Ringo nominee Matteo Ferrazzi (Adventures of God)
…who’ll be there all weekend. Signings are also scheduled with:
- Thom Zahler (Cupid’s Arrows)
- Fabian Nicieza & Reilly Brown (Outrage)
- Fred Van Lente & Ryan Dunlavey (Action Philosophers)
- Sanford Greene (1000)
- Orlando Caicedo (The Badguys
- Ryan Benjamin (Brothers Bond, Stan Lee’s Genesis)
- Tom Akel (Backchannel, Stan Lee’s Genesis) M. Victoria Robado (#Blessed) Mike Federali (Felix the Cat) Justin Jordan (Urban Animal).
The signing schedule will be posted at the Rocketship booth, and there will be free prints available from each of the creators while supplies last.
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL. Let’s go to the PR:
Additionally, each day, there will be a raffle to give away autographed proofs from the print runs of some of Rocketship’s biggest titles. These are ultra-rare items, and attendees will only have a chance to get them by grabbing a raffle ticket when they purchase an item at the booth or at any of the free signings.
- On Thursday, the raffle giveaway will be cover proofs from #Blessed Volume 1 signed by M. Victoria Robado and Let’s Play Volume 1 Gamer Edition signed by Leeanne M. Krecic.
- On Friday, the raffle giveaway will be cover proofs from Adventures of God Volume 1 signed by Matteo Ferrazzi, Lars the Awkward Yeti Volume 1 signed by Nick Seluk, and Brothers Bond Book 1 signed by Ryan Benjamin.
- On Saturday, the raffle giveaway will be cover proofs from The Croaking Volume 1 signed by Megan Grey, Cupid’s Arrow Volume 1 signed by Thom Zahler, and a proof sheet from the #Blessed Tarot signed by M. Victoria Robado.
- And finally, on Sunday, the raffle giveaway will be cover proofs from Let’s Play Volume 2 and the Let’s Play Volume 2 Gamer Edition signed by Leeanne M. Krecic.
In addition to its activities at the Way Station, Rocketship will once again be hosting its NYCC Panel, Taking off with Rocketship Entertainment!. Rocketship CEO & publisher Tom Akel will also appear on the Publishers Weekly Presents: Comics in the Post Pandemic World panel and Kickstarting Comics in 2022 and Beyond!
Kickstarting Comics in 2022 and Beyond!
Thursday, October 6th, 2:30 – 3:30 PM, Room 1C03
In 2021 comics on Kickstarter raised over $30 million and had a 86% success rate! Join Kickstarter’s Director of Publishing and Comics Outreach, Oriana Leckert, Rocketship Entertainment CEO & Publisher, Tom Akel, creator Stephanie Nina Pitsirilos (Jean, Covid Chronicles), and RAE Comics President TJ Sterling to discuss best practices, their success and failures, and what’s next for crowd funded comics! Hosted by attorney Gamal Hennessy.
Publishers Weekly Presents: Comics in the Post Pandemic World
Saturday, October 8th, 12:30 – 1:30 PM, Room 1C03
Comics and manga not only survived the pandemic they kicked its butt with record sales for comic books and graphic novels. But where do we go from here? It’s a whole new world of supply chain disruptions, streaming wars, distribution disruption, inflation and consolidation. Join an all-star panel of comics movers and shakers as we talk about what we learned and what we still need to do. The future of comics starts here.
Taking Off with Rocketship Entertainment!
Sunday, October 9th, 1:30 – 2:30 PM, Room 406.2
Rocketship Entertainment, the 2021 Ringo Award for Favorite Publisher, has quickly become the industry leader in publishing hit webcomics and webtoons. Hear from CEO & Publisher Tom Akel, Leeanne M. Krecic (aka “Mongie”), creator of the Eisner nominated Let’s Play, New York Times bestselling author Nick Seluk (Lars the Awkward Yeti, Heart & Brain), creator of the Ringo nominated The Croaking, Megan Grey, Eisner Award-winner Sanford Greene (1000), Matteo Ferrazzi (Adventures of God), Eisner nominee Ryan Benjamin (Brothers Bond) and Reilly Brown (Outrage) for a taste of what’s coming to Rocketship in 2022 and 2023! We’ll talk about the transitions from webcomics to print and back and the challenges for creators looking to find success in both mediums.