At the Marvel Fanfare panel at New York Comic Con, featuring Marvel’s editor-in-chief C.B. Cebulski and legendary X-Men writer Chris Claremont, it was announced that Claremont will be writing more Marvel stories next year.

“You will be seeing more of Chris Claremont’s writing at Marvel next year,” Cebulski said.

Nothing in particular has been announced but given Claremont’s pedigree, a return to the X-Men seems inevitable; earlier this month, a special New Mutants oneshot he wrote, with art by Bill Sienkiewicz, received much acclaim.

In an interview with SYFY Wire published Friday, he made it clear that coming back to the X-Men was a real possibility and seemed to know more than he let on:

- Advertisement-

Additionally, Claremont let it slip that he might re-team with artist Salvador Larroca on a new Marvel project. Claremont and Larroca previously collaborated on Fantastic Four and X-Treme X-Men. However, Claremont was careful to suggest that nothing is final.

“It’s a possibility, I have no idea what that means,” said Claremont. “I guess you better come to the panel tomorrow with me and [Marvel editor-in-chief] C.B. [Cebulski] and see what that’s all about. Because it’ll be as much of a surprise to me as it will be to you.”

It’s unclear if his future work will involve participating in the Dawn of X under new X-Men scribe Hickman. At the panel, he said, “I actually don’t read any writer writing the X-Men.”

We may learn more at the Dawn of X panel scheduled for later today. Keep with The Beat for any potential X-Men announcements.

 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.