Food on a stick. Grandstand performances. Animal judging. Food judging. People judging (talent show, twins, triplets, hair…)
But the really GEEKY competitions can be found here! Mom calling! Concrete statue! (Think “Cow Parade”.) Ladies Nail Driving! Mutton Busting! Outhouse Races! (“Game of Thrones” won “Best Costume”) And, of special interest here at Stately Beat Manor, the Accordion Contest!
There was even livestock cosplay!
- Arabian/Half-Arabian Native Costume – Open
- AMHR Youth Costume – 38” & under
- Dairy Goats Costume Class
Since you probably missed it, here are some online resources:
- A look back, from 2015. And the Des Moines Register’s 2016 coverage.
- How awesome is the Fair Midway? This awesome. Yeah, he knows how to party after a gig!
- …and they even had an app that told you when baby animals were being born! DAAAWWWW….
- There’s even a Facebook page for the more … interesting photos!
And now… we wrote about it earlier last week… here are the 2016 Butter Cow and Star Trek Sculptures, photos courtesy of Beat stringer Axel Adair! (Thanks, bro!)