The comics were previously available on the blockchain based InterPop Comics platform, but will now be available for all on GlobalComix, one of the more prominent of the post-Comixology digital alternatives.
The Emergents line – which includes creators like Steve Ellis, Colleen Doran, Mark Andreyko and more – is part of an overall brand that includes gaming and NFT elements.
The following titles are now featured on GlobalComix:
- The Nine #0 first introduced readers to the The Emergents Universe, centered in the city of Culverton, a superpowered society. Readers can follow the Crime Blotter as he investigates the cold case behind the disappearance of the villain Phaeton. The series is written by superstar scribe Will Pfeifer (Teen Titans, Batman) and drawn by award-winning illustrator Steve Ellis (High Moon).
- Emergents Presents #1 marks the debut of InterPop’s anthology series, with each issue featuring three short stories showcasing three different characters from The Emergents Universe; fan votes by purchasers of the issues decide which favorite character reappears in the series. Creators of the series include Colleen Doran (The Sandman), Marc Andreyko (What Is It That Disturbs You, Stephen?), Brian Buccellato (The Flash), Alex Sinclair (Venom), Eric Anthony Glover (The CW’s Tom Swift), Juan Doe (Guardians of the Galaxy), and many more.
- #ZoeMG #1 introduces readers to Culverton’s #1 internet influencer, Zoe Ng. Learn how teen superhero Zoe discovers her emoji-centric mind powers and how she deals with the responsibilities that inevitably come with them. The series is authored by New York Times-bestselling writer Danielle Paige (Dorothy Must Die), and illustrated by rising star artist PJ Kaiowá.
- The Rejects #1 spins off from #ZoeMG, following a group of superpowered teen outcasts who gang up together to navigate their abilities amidst battles with a rival group. The series is co-written by acclaimed creator Alex Segura (Secret Identity) and Chantelle Aimée Osman (editor of Agora Books) in her comic writing debut, with art by Adrián Gutiérrez (DC’s current Blue Beetle series).
- The Abyss #1 continues the story of the popular Emergents Presents character who was chosen by the fans to appear again and again in the anthology series. The exciting first solo issue follows the Abyss while they thwart a high-stakes prison breakout. Can the Abyss measure up against the Hat’s superpowered henchmen? The series is written by John Rozum (Xombi) and illustrated by artist Cliff Richards (Buffy the Vampire Slayer).
Readers can purchase comics or get more free content on the blockchain based InterPop Comics site, which runs off the more energy efficient Tezos blockchain, at least. As part of that interactivity the blockchain promises, readers can vote for future events in the Emergents universe.
The Open Beta of InterPop’s digital Trading Card Game (TCG) is also starting on August 11th.