It’s been six years since Frozen was in theaters, and you’ve just managed to get “Let it Go” out of your head for the first time in half a decade. Never fear, music lover – seven brand-new songs have been recorded for the sequel’s soundtrack, so you’ll have a fresh Frozen earworm soon!
Frozen 2, which is coming to theaters on November 22nd, picks up the story of literal ice queen Elsa (Idina Menzel) and her devoted sister Anna (Kristen Bell) as they leave Arendelle to embark on a new adventure that will see the characters searching for the source of Elsa’s magical powers.
As an overture for the upcoming sequel, clips from three of the new songs have been released on YouTube. The first is from “Into the Unknown,” featuring the unparalleled vocals of Menzel as Queen Elsa.
The next clip is of the song “The Next Right Thing,” which features Bell as Anna.
The third song, “When I am Older,” has Josh Gad performing as Olaf in a number that recalls the sentient snowman’s misguided love letter to summer from the original movie.
Not only were eight songs recorded by the cast (a reprise of “Reindeer(s) are Better than People,” performed by Jonathan Groff as Kristoff, is presumably not included among the seven all-new songs written by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez for the movie), but alternative versions of three songs were recorded by popular bands to play over the end credits.
A version of “Into the Unknown” was recorded by Panic! At the Disco, while “All is Found” is performed by Kasey Musgraves and “Lost in the Woods” is performed by Weezer.
Here’s the complete track listing of the digital and physical versions of the Frozen 2 soundtrack (the vinyl edition of the soundtrack will only include the first 8 songs – the versions recorded by the cast):
- “All is Found” – Evan Rachel Wood
- “Some Things Never Change” – Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, & Jonathan Groff
- “Into the Unknown” – Idina Menzel
- “When I am Older” – Josh Gad
- “Reindeer(s) are Better than People” – Jonathan Groff
- “Lost in the Woods” – Jonathan Groff
- “Show Yourself” – Idina Menzel & Evan Rachel Wood
- “The Next Right Thing” – Kristen Belle
- “Into the Unknown” – Panic! At The Disco
- “All is Found” – Kasey Musgraves
- “Lost in the Woods” — Weezer