Understandably, there’s been great concern over the future of DC Comics publishing not only due to the effect COVID has had on the comics industry but the major layoffs last August. Despite the trimming of DC Comics titles, today unveiled panels dedicated to the upcoming Future State publishing event this weekend for CCXP Worlds digital event.
After the industry shaking news earlier today that Warner Bros. will be releasing their entire 2021 slate simultaneously in theaters and HBO Max, DC Comics films are likely to be the topic of conversation on social media all weekend.
Check out the panel descriptions below:
DC’s publishing presence at Brazil’s CCXP Worlds is packed with panels featuring the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, and there’s nothing more important to DC than our fans! Featuring Brazilian artists Gustavo Duarte, Rafael Albuquerque and Gabriel Picolo, as well as panels with dozens of DC’s creative teams all focused on delivering a first look into DC’s Future State comics for CCXP’s global fans, DC is committed to immersive fan experiences that bring the DC Multiverse to life.
Want to know more about DC Future State ahead of the panels? Check out the free DC Nation Presents DC Future State special at www.dccomics.com/futurestate.
- 5:26pm – 5:54pm GMT / 12:26pm – 12:54pm PT
- DC Future State: Justice League Family: Hear what Eduardo Pansica, Robson Rocha, Tim Sheridan, Robbie Thompson, Geoffrey Thorne, Ram V. and Joshua Williamson are doing in January and February for DC’s Future State! Why does Robbie Thomas say the theme of Future State: Suicide Squad is “Amanda Waller Wins,” and will Tim Sheridan reveal who else (or what else!) besides Red X will make the jump from animation to comics and be featured in Future State: Shazam and Future State: Teen Titans? Plus, an incredible first look at lots of Future State artwork before issues hit shelves! Moderated by DC’s Group Editor Alex Carr.
- 6:24pm – 6:52pm GMT / 1:24pm – 1:52pm PT
- DC Draws YA and Middle Grade with Gustavo Duarte and Gabriel Picolo: Brazilian artists Gustavo Duarte (Dear Justice League, Dear Super-Villains) and Gabriel Picolo (Teen Titans: Raven) discuss reimagining DC’s iconic Super Heroes and Super-Villains for new, younger audiences with moderator and fellow DC artist Rafael Albuquerque. Moderated by Rafael Albuquerque.
- 3:55pm – 4:24pm GMT / 10:55am – 11:24am PT
- DC Future State: Voices of Wonder Woman: Hear what Jen Bartel, Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Joëlle Jones, Alitha Martinez, and L.L. McKinney are doing in January and February for DC Future State! Moderated by DC’s Group Editor Jamie Rich.
- 4:24pm – 4:57pm GMT / 11:24am – 11:57pm PT
- DC Future State: New Talent Showcase: Hear what Jeremy Adams, Meghan Fitzmartin, Sean Lewis, Giannis Milonogiannis, Paula Sevenbergen and Brandon Thomas are doing in January and February for DC’s Future State! Who is Jeremy Adams talking about when he says “Death comes for us all,” and watch Brandon Thomas’ reaction when Megan Fitzmartin says “I want to make Tim Drake as sad as possible.” All this and more! Moderated by DC’s Editor Jessica Chen.
- 5:12pm – 5:40pm GMT / 12:12pm – 12:40pm PT
- DC Future State: Batman: Join Emanuela Lupacchino, Stephanie Phillips, John Ridley, Mariko Tamaki and Gene Luen Yang for a behind the scenes look at what’s in store for the Dark Knight and his crimefighting allies when DC Future State invades Gotham City! Moderated by DC’s Group Editor Ben Abernathy.
- 6:40pm – 07:08pm GMT / 1:40pm – 2:08pm PT
- DC Future State: Superman: Hear what Marguerite Bennett, Brandon Easton, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Mark Russell and John Timms are doing in January and February for DC’s Future State! The Superman (and Superwoman) panelists all use the same word to describe DC’s oldest Super Hero, “hope,” but they all have a very different idea of what that means in DC’s Future State! Moderated by DC’s Associate Editor Brittany Holzherr.