It’s the end of the year and people are being promoted – and it’s all very well deserved!
• At DC, Andrea Shea has been promoted to editor in the Multiverse group, as she tweeted. She also explained that “It’s kind of a nebulous title, so worth clarifying that the Multiverse Group houses Black Label, imprints like Hill House or Milestone, and the occasional DCU limited or special project. Which is why I love Multiverse—it allows me to build and flex all kinds of editorial muscles!”
Usually when this kind of thing happens I just quietly change my twitter bio and carry on BUT today feels like a milestone. So this is me saying out loud that I've been promoted to Editor in the Multiverse group at DC Comics. I am DELIGHTED, it's an honor just to be Asian, etc.💖 pic.twitter.com/WGhhRZBU6X
— Andrea Shea (@whatthe_shea) December 6, 2021
• Paul Kaminski has been promoted to Senior Editor of the Superman Group. “Very excited to announce that I am the new Senior Editor in charge of the Superman Group here at @dccomics— I’m so excited to soar into this new position alongside an amazing editorial team & talent. Thanks to Ben and Marie for always being in my corner — up, up & away!
• At Marvel, Alanna Smith has been promoted to Editor in the Avengers office. (At DC, they are groups; at Marvel, they are an office.)
• And Emily Newcomen has been promoted to Associate Manager, Talent Relations.
I’m happy to share that I’ve been promoted to Associate Manager, Talent Relations. Much love to everyone who’s supported me during my time at Marvel. Excited to see what’s to come!
— Emily Newcomen (@EmilyNewcomen) December 8, 2021
• Over at First Second, Kiara Valdez has been promoted to Editor.
I’ve got some news‼️ Your girl has been promoted to ✨Editor✨ 💃🏿🔥 pic.twitter.com/rQPxs2Q18D
— Kiara Valdez (@dezinpub) December 14, 2021
• Keith Champagne has been hired as editor of the Virus imprint. Although many know him as an artist, he has also worked as project manager at Ominous Press, editor-in-chief of Space Goat, and co-founder of his own publishing venture, 5th Dimension Comics.
• Chief sales officer Kris Longo is now also associate publisher. He’ll work on various aspects of business development, including international.
Rosenblum and Longo will continue to work with CEO Matthew Medney, executive editor Joseph Illidge and publisher David Erwin.
Whew! Hearty congrats to all — this is a great wave of editors and business folks who will continue to move the comics industry into an exciting future.