Sony PlayStation‘s pre-Tokyo Game Show September 2022 State of Play event was announced at short notice yesterday and had to compete with an avalanche of game announcements from the Nintendo Direct showcase earlier today. Did it make the grade? No. But it did have some reveals, some new trailers, plus extra info about the PlayStation Stars program.
The free-to-join PlayStation Stars loyalty program got a tiny bit more info. They showed examples of the ‘digital collectables’ and said that rollout will begin across certain Asian regions at the end of this month with the Americas and Europe following in the weeks thereafter.
And now – the trailers and game announcements from the September 2022 State of Play
- Tekken 8 was confirmed for PS5. Not that it was really in too much doubt since the franchise has been a staple on every PlayStation system since the beginning.
- Two PSVR2 games were shown off. One remaster of a 2020 game – Star Wars Tales from Galaxy’s Edge (Enhanced Edition) – and one new title Demeo, a tabletop RPG boardgame.
- Like A Dragon: Ishin! was announced to be coming to the West in February 2023. This 3D hack-and-slash title will be on both PS4 and PS5. It is a remaster of a 2014 PlayStation 3 Yakuza spin-off that was previously exclusive to Japan.
- Pacific Drive – an action racing game as you dodge obstacles across a changing hellscape. PS5 exclusive. 2023.
- Synduality – a hectic mech, seemingly open world, action-adventure game. It will have online play. 2023.
- Project Eve got a new story trailer and an official title: Stellar Blade. 2023.
- Rise of the Rōnin. New Team Ninja title that looks like Assassin’s Creed with Samurai. It’s Team Ninja though, so it could be quite awesome.
- Another God of War: Ragnorok story trailer – and the announcement of a special edition dualsense controller. November 9.