• Warren Ellis’s Twitter commentary has been the best:
* See mighty England greet the German squad. See mighty England shit themselves.
* If you look closely, you can see pee leaking out of the England players whenever a German approaches
* I can’t come up with anything funnier than those two goals by Germany
* Classic English hymn being sung to ref: YOU’RE GOING HOME IN THE BACK OF AN AMBULANCE
* Is James Milner working for the Germans?
* James Milner: cooler, three veeks.
* Here comes Emile Heskey, because apparently England are not losing badly enough
* There. England flags being ripped down from Brighton to Carlisle. Thank buggery for that.
* We are free. And now we’ll get some proper fucking football matches. Selah.
(several hours later)
* …where am football game? Hu-mans told Rooney there was football game. Rooney missed football game? Rooney am confused.
• Also, take the internet, throw in Lego and add World Cup recreations and you have the art form that may well lead us into the 22nd century. Here’s a still from the recreation of the 1966 England victory over West Germany.