If you are not going to the Big Show or want to get a head start on the activities, here’s an interesting-sounding event, Meltdown’s Digital LA – Digital Panel: Abs & Apps . A ticket is $25 but includes networking and schmooze time. The speaker lineup alone is impressive:
Scheduled speakers include: - Marvel, TBD @Marvel (previously scheduled Ira will not be able to join us due to another commitment)
– David Steinberger, CEO of comiXology, which built Marvel and DC comics apps, and its own app of upcoming releases @comixology
– Sam Humphries, comic book writer (Fraggle Rock, CBGB), architect of MySpace Comic Books
– Chip Mosher, BOOM Studios, Marketing Director
– Rich George, IGN Comics Editor @IGN
– Jason Badowar, comic book illustrator (Heroes, True Blood etc.) and co-founder of WEvolt.com, an online platform which digitally distributes and monetizes comic book content via deals with Universal Music, Arcana, and more.
– Micah Baldwin, CEO of Graphic.ly, which creates apps to digitize graphic novels and provides social tools for publishers including Marvel, IDW, BOOM, Top Cow- M
Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA, founder, former MySpace Integrated Marketing of Movies, Comic Book Channel, Games
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.