The fabled A1 Brit comics anthology, is getting a relaunch in June, and now an annual in October with the A1 Annual billed as “a Who’s Who of comics’ talent – past, present and future.” And if you look at who’s in it, you may just agree. The issue comes with two covers, including a Diamond exclusive cover by Jim Steranko and Stanley Lau. Contributors include everyone from Simon and Kirby reprints to Dave Johnson to Emily Hu. 176 pages and $22.99. Sold!
• Island in the Sky – written by JOE SIMON, penciled by JACK KIRBY and inked by AL WILLIAMSON.
• Tales of Old Fennario – written and drawn by SANDY PLUNKETT
• Terror of the Lesbian Nudist Colony – written by SCOTT HAMPTON and MARK KNEECE and illustrated by SCOTT HAMPTON
• The Riddle of the Recalcitrant Refuse – written by ALAN MOORE and illustrated by MICHAEL T. GILBERT with WILLIAM LOEBS and DARCY & KEVIN HORN.
• Emily Almost – written and drawn by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
• A Question of Priorities – written by DAVE ELLIOTT, drawn by TOBY CYPRESS and color by SAKTI YUWONO
• Solid Gold Death Mask – written and drawn by RUFUS DAYGLO
• The Boston Metaphysical Society – written by MADELEINE HOLLY- ROSING and illustrated by EMILY HU
• The Odd Ball – written with layouts and color by NORMAN FELCHE and illustrated by ALEX SHEIKMAN.
• Where The Gods Are – written and illustrated by MARK A. NELSON.
• Origin of Evil – written by DAVE ELLIOTT and illustrated by BARNABY BAGENDA and JESSICA KHOLINNE
• Raging Rod – written and drawn by DAVE JOHNSON
• Little Star – written and illustrated by DOMINIC REGAN
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.